Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User joconnell
(experienced) Wed 21-Feb-18 08:11:36
Print Post

Disabling IPv6 on Asus router

[link to this post]

I've disabled IPv6 on my ASUS RT-AC68U but devices on the lan still seem to have IPv6 addresses from the DHCP server. Is it actually possible to disable IPv6 on the LAN side? I'm suspecting that the router's IPv6 settings page refers to the WAN connection
Standard User charlestown
(learned) Sat 24-Feb-18 14:25:37
Print Post

Re: Disabling IPv6 on Asus router

[re: joconnell] [link to this post]

Only a guess, since I have a DSL-AC56U, but do you have a section for IPv6 and if so are there numbers still present in the IPv6 DNS Setting section? Removing those might fix your problem.
Standard User gmangt4
(regular) Sat 24-Feb-18 14:39:07
Print Post

In the IPv6 setup page at the bottom, there is a section called Auto Configuration Setting, Enable router Advertisement is normally set to enable, have you tried disabled? You might need to reboot if it don't do itself after changing and applying.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sat 24-Feb-18 16:59:07
Print Post

Is there a reason for disabling? Since it is a technology of the future I would try and fix the problem rather than band-aiding it ie disabling.

I have a device here where ipv6 cannot be disabled on the newer firmwares. I would not advise downgrading firmware (as is often the "fix") since this places your network at a great risk, firmware upgrades often resolve critical security risks and loopholes.
  Print Thread

Jump to