Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Cheule
(experienced) Mon 28-May-18 22:36:17
Print Post

TP-Link VR600 Status Lights

[link to this post]

Evening all,

I've got a minor but niggling issue with my VR600.

It all started the other night when I lost throughput on my otherwise reliable connection. I went downstairs and switched off the modem by it's power button, and left it a minute. Powered it back up, and the power status light flashes on but doesn't stay on. After a minute one of the two Wi-Fi indicators come on but no others. Wi-Fi is the only thing lit!

The router responds normally and I can log into it etc, I've just lost all the status lights! frown

Anyone experienced similar?
Standard User Vorlon
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-May-18 22:47:15
Print Post

Re: TP-Link VR600 Status Lights

[re: Cheule] [link to this post]

The only things that come to mind is perhaps a firmware upgrade being pushed out if modem supplied by ISP (Power light flashes).
The obvious one is the modem LED lights on/off switch has been toggled.

Personally I'd soft reboot the modem/router and see what happens, particularly if something has caused the LED's to incorrectly switch off.

The only other thing that comes to mind and this is unlikely although I have seen it on equipment I've worked on and that is a crack on the PCB or a dry joint. (Usually all Led's would be out and not indicate at all)

Edited by Vorlon (Mon 28-May-18 22:48:54)

Standard User johnb2008
(regular) Mon 28-May-18 23:43:56
Print Post

[re: Vorlon] [link to this post]

Sometimes after a restart mine has no led's lit. If I go into Advanced tab/System tools/LED control, enable night mode then save, then do the same thing but untick the night mode enable box, and Save again, all of the lights come back and it appears normal and all of the leds are lit. I have no idea why though! I never leave the night mode/enable box ticked. There doesn't appear to have been any new firmware for 12 months so I doubt if it is due to a firmware update. I did wonder whether to try reinstalling the current firmware but haven't tried it yet so I don't know whether it will accept a software update with the same firmware version.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Cheule
(experienced) Sat 09-Jun-18 17:47:16
Print Post

[re: johnb2008] [link to this post]

Vorlon - first off thanks for the reply smile

At first I thought I'd hit the LED button at the bottom but for some reason it didn't do anything when pressed again :/

Johnb2008 - yep that did it, thanks! I don't use night mode either as they are fairly dim lights anyway.
  Print Thread

Jump to