User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cheshire_man
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 31-Jan-11 22:23:16
Print Post

Sending email fails

[link to this post]

I haven't been able to send any emails this evening using Outlook and pop3, SMTP server is (as ever) smtp.eclipse.co.uk. The send fails "...reports an internal error. ... The server responded: 554 smtpoutput.karoo.kcom.com"

Anyone else having this sort of problem? There's nothing currently on their service status page.

Tony
ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Tue 01-Feb-11 17:03:48
Print Post

Re: Sending email fails

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Hi Tony,

I'm not aware of any general problems.

Are you still having problems? Whats the full error that you're seeing?

Andy

eclipse internet - now 15 years old!
- Eclipse Fibre Broadband has now been launched. Up to 40Mbps, guaranteed 12Mbps throughput and free Business Talkmore.
- We've revised our referrer scheme. Recommend Eclipse and earn up to £80!

Eclipse Website | Twitter
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User cheshire_man
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 17:17:28
Print Post

Re: Sending email fails

[re: Eclipsestaff] [link to this post]

It was happening solidly last night from around 7pm (was out before then so no idea what time it started) until around 10.30 when I closed down. Couldn't send any emails, they all failed with Outlook 2010 error message, the meat of which I quoted. Essentially
Send mail fails: server reports an internal error. [can't recall the words here though unimportant] ... The server responded: 554 smtpoutput.karoo.kcom.com.
Sometimes the last bit was
The server responded: [then a dozen or more square box characters, I assume representing non-displayable characters]
When I booted up this morning it was all ok. Clearly something seems to have been up with the smtp servers yesterday evening.

Tony

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to