User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User softlad
(member) Wed 09-Feb-11 20:53:43
Print Post

adsl2+

[link to this post]

After my exchange was upgraded to 21CN at the end of March last year I noticed no increase in speeds. After my cabinet was upgraded to FTTC in Novemberish of last year I noticed no increase in speeds. I'm using a Vigor 120 Adsl2/Adsl2+ enabled modem. A test on the BT Speed Test site earlier this evening gave me a configured throughput of 4000Kbps with a download speed of 3100Kbps and upload of about 360. Am I being too picky here in thinking that there is something wrong and I should be getting better?

Was ancient iBook G4 OSX 10.3.9 --- Now proud owner of 2.66 GHz 15" Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.4
Standard User cheshire_man
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-Feb-11 21:30:29
Print Post

Re: adsl2+

[re: softlad] [link to this post]

I thought FTTC involved the installation of new cabinets? That's what I'm seeing round here.

Can an existing cabinet be upgraded to FTTC?

Isn't FTTC a separate product for users to choose to take rather than being automatic?

Tony
Standard User mysticeddy
(learned) Wed 09-Feb-11 21:31:21
Print Post

Speeds will not automatically increase. Normal procedure is to contact your ISP to move to a ADSL2+ or FTTC package.

Edited by mysticeddy (Wed 09-Feb-11 21:32:20)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User softlad
(member) Wed 09-Feb-11 22:07:13
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

There have been new cabinets going up, usually next to or near the old ones. They've also been digging up the roads and grass verges to lay cables. My cabinet was finished back in November.

Was ancient iBook G4 OSX 10.3.9 --- Now proud owner of 2.66 GHz 15" Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.6
Standard User softlad
(member) Wed 09-Feb-11 22:11:43
Print Post

[re: mysticeddy] [link to this post]

The only thing on the Eclipse site is if you want fibre: at £40 a month !!!!!

Was ancient iBook G4 OSX 10.3.9 --- Now proud owner of 2.66 GHz 15" Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.6
ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Sat 12-Feb-11 16:02:48
Print Post

Hi softlad,

It does look like you're still on an old style 8 meg line, but it does indeed look like we should be able to regrade you.

Please drop me a PM if you'd like us to give this a try.

Andy

eclipse internet - now 15 years old!
- Eclipse Fibre Broadband has now been launched. Up to 40Mbps, guaranteed 12Mbps throughput and free Business Talkmore.
- We've revised our referrer scheme. Recommend Eclipse and earn up to £80!

Eclipse Website | Twitter
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to