User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User alcockell
(newbie) Wed 16-Feb-11 06:25:18
Print Post

Apparently swapped to 21CN infrastructure on 10/02/11

[link to this post]

@ any Eclipse staff here - I'd be interested more for info than immediate adjustment.
apparently my line was moved across to your 21CN ADSL2 infrastructure on 10 Feb - but I still seem to have a profile of 7150 on my line.

I'm curious - is there going to be a second tranche of work to speed up profiles? Kitz and Samknows suggest I could get a line speed of approx 13Mbps on ADSL2 - although the 6-7Mbps throughput I get current;y is pretty nice... can support my radio and 1 iPlayer connection nicely... along with browsing as well...

Are there plans to speed uip the connection, maybe after a new training period?

I'm about 900m away from Reading Central exchange as the cable runs; get about 22dB attenuation.

Or would I have to restart the current 12 month contract - as I regraded to Business Silver X back in December?
Standard User techguy
(member) Fri 25-Feb-11 23:36:10
Print Post

Re: Apparently swapped to 21CN infrastructure on 10/02/11

[re: alcockell] [link to this post]

Hi

Movement onto 21CN and regrade to ADSL2+ are two different things, unless you have been upgraded to ADSL2+ you won't see a speed increase.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User krazykizza
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 25-Feb-11 23:47:10
Print Post

You'll have to drop them a support ticket, or wait for one of the patrolling reps to pass by and do their usual DPA checks and action it over the PM system. With 22db attenuation you're on for 16mbps I would of thought in ideal conditions.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AOL > Virgin Media > Tiscali > Falconnet > UKFSN > Norfolk Internet
2mbps > Shapped 512k > 1mbps! > 6.5mbps > 4.5mbps > 6.5mbps
ADSL Joy. 31db att, 9db SNR, EntaFail.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User alcockell
(newbie) Sat 26-Feb-11 10:06:42
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by techguy:
Hi

Movement onto 21CN and regrade to ADSL2+ are two different things, unless you have been upgraded to ADSL2+ you won't see a speed increase.

Understood - but there was a paragraph on your "what it means to you" page - http://www.eclipse.net.uk/index.cfm?id=21cn_faq_bus&...

"The new network will provide a more robust platform for future enhancements and upgrades and while in time you will have access to speeds up to 24Mbps, the majority of customers will not notice any significant changes to their broadband speeds as a result of the upgrade. "

The above paragraph seems to imply that there are two tranches of work - (1) move everyone across to the 21CN network, then (2) replace their 20CN profiles with 21CN ones.

Would it be possible to have a rough view of how far through the first tranche Eclipse are? Just that then we can know how close you are to speeding everyone up...

Just a thought...

Thanks,

Alex
ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Mon 28-Feb-11 16:58:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by techguy:
Would it be possible to have a rough view of how far through the first tranche Eclipse are? Just that then we can know how close you are to speeding everyone up...

Just a thought...

Interesting idea Alex.

As you've seen, we do give an estimated time frame within the Eclipse admin panel, but you're quite right we dont currently confirm when what work has been done when.

I'll pass your suggestion onto our customer service team.

Thanks

Andy

eclipse internet - now 15 years old!
- Eclipse Line Rental - Now available to existing customers.
- The Eclipse Referrer Scheme. Recommend Eclipse and earn up to £80!

Eclipse Website | Twitter
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to