User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MindTriiiickz
(newbie) Mon 21-Mar-11 18:46:58
Print Post

Business Bronze

[link to this post]

I'm considering moving to Eclipse's Business Bronze package. However, their website isn't very helpful and I'm slightly confused as to the charges and actual product.

My main questions are: do Eclipse traffic manage, and if so by how much and also is the Talkmore Business package a VoIP or PSTN service.

Many Thanks,
Tom

UEA Dial Up < Onetel < BT < Tiscali < TalkTalk (Buyout) < Aquiss < Xilo
(newbie) Mon 21-Mar-11 20:32:19
Print Post

Re: Business Bronze

[re: MindTriiiickz] [link to this post]

Anyone?

Standard User cheshire_man
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Mar-11 21:50:18
Print Post

I've had a look round the site but can't see anything specific. I seem to recall that some types of services are 'managed'.

The Eclipse reps generally keep an eye on this forum but they I doubt that they'll see it until sometime tomorrow. Give them chance to respond.

Tony

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Tue 22-Mar-11 16:50:56
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

I'll wait for a response from them then.

Cheers
Tom

ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Wed 23-Mar-11 16:56:38
Print Post

Hi MindTriiiickz,

The traffic management on our newer ADSL connections can be controlled via the Eclipse website. In regards to the Business Talkmore service, it is a PSTN service in which the line rental is paid to BT, but we handle the call charges themselves.

If you would prefer a full PSTN service, I would suggest looking at Eclipse Line Rental.

Many Thanks

Andy

eclipse internet - now 15 years old!
- Eclipse Line Rental - Now available to existing customers.
- The Eclipse Referrer Scheme. Recommend Eclipse and earn up to £80!

Eclipse Website | Twitter

Edited by Eclipsestaff (Wed 23-Mar-11 16:57:36)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User TMCR
(newbie) Fri 15-Jul-11 23:23:59
Print Post

I realise this is an old post, but will add my comments for anyone following the topic later.
We (the company I work for) are on Business Bronze with Eclipse, and have been for 20 months now.
The connection is ADSL 2+ as I write, but was supposed to go to 21CN today. We've had good reliability, the only downtime being of our own making as a router (our supply) popped and needed to be replaced.
We have not had any issues with traffic management but we're not heavy users it seems. We are a small radio station. I run a streaming audio link from the office so I can listen at home, I have remote access software enabled so I can log in and control the PC's at the office. I transfer files over, databases and music tracks, and we use a music download service to obtain new material to play.
We have our own web hosting and email, and don't have that on the Eclipse platform.
We also take the Talkmore package - all that does is swaps the billing of calls to Eclipse. We still have line rental with BT (but that will change when the current contract runs out). The calls are over the normal phone line and they allow 1,000 minutes a month of calls to 01/02/03 numbers. We are billed for any other calls, by Eclipse.
We run our own VOIP SIP trunks over the Internet connection, these are not part of the Eclipse package.
Hope that helps anyone catching up on this thread.
  Print Thread

Jump to