User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User scragglymonk
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Mar-11 19:44:06
Print Post

Re: Eclipse Internet Cancellation and Exit Charges

[re: Sceptic] [link to this post]

used to be with eclipse until a fire in some data centre nerfed their cap, fire out, cap back in 15 or 30 min stages, back to 50kbps which is apparently acceptable

current ISP is merula, went to visit them a year or so back, no real issues smile

and no [censored] which is a nice touch smile

Windows is now a 64 bit tweak of a 32 bit extension to a 16 bit user interface for an 8 bit operating system based on a 4 bit architecture from a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition. Merula MaxADSL
http://www.speedtest.net/result/400698774.png
Standard User bagginsbras
(newbie) Tue 29-Mar-11 13:48:17
Print Post

[re: Eclipsestaff] [link to this post]

As the OP, I'd like to thank you all for their contributions on this thread. Today I spoke with Louis, an Eclipse Service Manager, who was very empathetic and helpful.

Although the original T&C's I had from 2006 made no mention of a cease charge, Louis reminded me that we had "re-graded" to a different Option in 2008 and we had not recorded those T&C's which did apparently have the cease fee details. So legally Eclipse were entitled to raise the fee.

Eclipse did apologies for the lack of clarity in the on-line cancellation page and agree to review these going forwards - possibly distinguishing more clearly between a cease and a transfer and providing some timing details so that customers can make plans rather than finding out the details afterwards.

The issue was resolved from my point of view.

I was frustrated with customer service and even more so with the debt collection team who refuse to take responsibility. However it has to be really positive that Andy still represents Eclipse on this forum and that he can influence a positive outcome.
Standard User Garty
(newbie) Fri 01-Apr-11 17:25:02
Print Post

[re: zedbong] [link to this post]

Rang Eclipse today to cancel my service, we just can't afford it any more, its too slow and will never be faster than 500 k and its infuriatingly intermittent. The representative took my details and then told me of the £25 disconnection fee, I found this rather hard to take and suggested that Eclipse are 'fining' me for leaving their silken clutches, when one of my main reasons for leaving is that we are really short of money! ##He said he would ask his supervisor, who was too 'grand' to speak directly to me, but have since received an email confirming the £25 'fine''

Really annoyed at this sharp practice, and I shall certainly be pursuing it further but don't want to spoil my weekend getting wound up over it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadband66
(experienced) Fri 01-Apr-11 20:49:37
Print Post

[re: Garty] [link to this post]

I believe most/many ISP's charge if you cease broadband.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
Standard User ploddo
(newbie) Sat 02-Apr-11 17:33:10
Print Post

[re: Garty] [link to this post]

I think all isp's pass on the BT cancellation fee, but I don't think you have to pay if you are changing to another supplier using a mac code.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to