User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User 1an
(newbie) Sun 22-May-11 12:44:11
Print Post

Throttling

[link to this post]

Hi,

Been looking through the threads on this forum surrounding P2P download speeds and - loosely speaking - it seems to be accepted that Eclipse are now throttling BT/P2P downloads across the majority if not all products.

I'm on an 'old' Evolution Option 3 product and was happy enough with a monthly 'in hours' download quota as most of my heavy usage was scheduled to be 'out of hours'. Trouble is, when I do need a download 'in hours' I do need it PDQ and this recent move to restrict traffic simply isn't acceptable to me.

So I've just spent a good 30mins looking around the Eclipse website to see what products - residential or business - they offer which won't impose these limitations. Unfortunately I'm not able to find anything on their site which outlines how and when throttling is imposed.

Can anyone enlighten me, please?

Thanks,
Ian..
Standard User digi
(member) Mon 23-May-11 16:01:55
Print Post

Re: Throttling

[re: 1an] [link to this post]

I'm on Home Pro and it's the same. Been with Eclipse for a long time and the overall experience is noticeably not as good as it use to be. I don't know if the business products would be any better/ less restrictive. I'm looking at my options.
ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Tue 24-May-11 13:04:49
Print Post

[re: digi] [link to this post]

Hi all,

For anyone using P2P, I would recommend using one of the newer products (like "Home Pro"), and making sure that the traffic profile is set to "Downloader".

The traffic controller where you can make these settings can be found by logging into the Eclipse website.

Please feel free to drop me a PM if you have any problems setting this up.

Andy

eclipse internet - now 15 years old!
- Eclipse Line Rental - Now available to existing customers.
- The Eclipse Referrer Scheme. Recommend Eclipse and earn up to £80!

Eclipse Website | Twitter
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User sc00bi
(newbie) Tue 24-May-11 13:55:35
Print Post

[re: 1an] [link to this post]

why dont you just switch to Be Unlimited ?

Standard User 1an
(newbie) Wed 25-May-11 09:19:04
Print Post

[re: sc00bi] [link to this post]

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

Had a chat with the sales team - they called me after noticing I'd been using the speed tester - and breaking down my precise requirements I'll need to up my monthly spend to get what I (idealistically) would want.

Time to look around...

(Which is a pity - I've been with Eclipse since a certain Mark Lang came knocking at our offices in Exeter to see if we would re-sell his dial up connections!)

Anyway - no point living in the past. A quick check of SamKNows show me that Syu / Easynet have now LLU'd at my exchange - the only one's who have other thab TalkTalk, so Be Unlimited not an option in this case. As a Sky customer that's a deal I might not be able to ignore and a quick scan of these forums and others suggests they don't throttle.

A bit more digging and then it's decision time - I'll let you know what I decide.

Cheers,
Ian..
  Print Thread

Jump to