User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User digi
(member) Fri 24-Jun-11 13:55:30
Print Post

Migration woes

[link to this post]

Hello,

Recently migrated away from Eclipse but their system did not register the move as it should of and continued to bill me as normal until I notified them.

My main confusion though is with the "30 days notice" which I'm suppose to provide/pay when migrating away from them. As I'm now being charged for days of service which I've not used.

Why is there no mention of this "30 days notice" on the Eclipse website. I've searched the knowledge base and there's nothing about it.

When I called to request a MAC code I asked if noticed was required and if there were any fees, no I was told as I was using a MAC code and my Eclipse service would end on the day of the migration and billed accordingly.

There's no mention in the email that contained the MAC code instructions of having to give "30 days notice". There's no mention of the "30 days notice" in the T&Cs which I originally signed up to. I thought I would be billed up to the day of the migration on a pro rata basis, no more, no less.

I do not understand why I needed to provide "30 days notice" and when the "30 days notice" is suppose to start? If it was made clear to me then I would of timed my migration to avoid this. Or is there no way to avoid this and it is actually a stealth termination fee/ penalty?

Besides the above charge, Eclipse are also trying to charge me a cease fee of £25+VAT because they claim the new provider I migrated to did not use the MAC code!

I've contacted my new provider and they have told me the MAC code was definitely used and can be checked on the BT system eCo. It would not of been possible for BT to carry out work on the migration without a valid MAC code and Eclipse are wrong to charge me a cease fee.

This is really disappointing because after about 10 years of reasonably good service, just as I leave, it feels like they are trying to squeeze me for a bit more and making migrating less than smooth.

Regards
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 24-Jun-11 14:12:34
Print Post

Re: Migration woes

[re: digi] [link to this post]

*Normally* the notice starts when you request a MAC. Try and see if that is the case with Eclipse, or of it is when the MAC is used by the new provider.

If you migrated a broadband only service and left the phone line with the existing supplier, a MAC *must* have been used to migrate service. There is no way it could have been done without this.

A cease fee should only apply when either you have asked Eclipse to cancel the service outright, i.e no migration, or you end the phone line (PSTN cease). There are instances where migrations to MPF (full) LLU suppliers who take over the phone and broadband can result in a cease but this is often due to mis-reporting or incorrect placement of the migration order by the gaining provider.

Did you move the phone as well to the new supplier, or did that stay the same?

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User cheshire_man
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 24-Jun-11 14:33:15
Print Post

From the Eclipse Ts&Cs, Sect. 6.2 & 6.3
6.2 Subject to the provisions of Part B: SDSL Connection, which requires three months prior notice of termination, or unless terminated as set out elsewhere, this Agreement will continue until You give Us at least thirty (30) days' written notice. Such notice will terminate this Agreement. You should contact the Customer Services Team by telephone or by post to inform Us of Your intention to terminate this Agreement.

6.3 Termination by You in certain circumstances may incur an Early Termination Fee and a Cease Charge fee. Where this is the case this will be set out in Part B. We will not charge an Early Termination Fee if You terminate the Service pursuant to clause 3.3 or 3.10.1.
3.3 and 3.10.1 seem to refer to pricing change and FUP change.

If I've read it correctly it would appear that 30 days notice is their norm, though if you specifically asked the question and it was not mentioned then it could be an interesting one.

Tony

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User digi
(member) Sat 25-Jun-11 13:42:02
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies.

My phone has always been with BT, I've only moved broadband from adslmax to LLU.

From what I'm hearing the cease fee is wrong and I'll see what they say about the notice.

Edited by digi (Sat 25-Jun-11 13:43:30)

ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Wed 06-Jul-11 19:13:19
Print Post

Hi digi,

Sorry to be late picking up on this. I do hope that any confusion has been cleared up, but if it hasn't please feel free to PM me your account details, and I'll have a look into it for you.

Andy

eclipse internet - now 15 years old!
- Eclipse Line Rental - Now available to existing customers.
- The Eclipse Referrer Scheme. Recommend Eclipse and earn up to £80!

Eclipse Website | Twitter
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User digi
(member) Mon 11-Jul-11 14:26:18
Print Post

[re: Eclipsestaff] [link to this post]

This hasn't been resolved. PM sent. Thanks.
Standard User Scotts2k
(newbie) Tue 19-Jul-11 22:30:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by digi:
Besides the above charge, Eclipse are also trying to charge me a cease fee of £25+VAT because they claim the new provider I migrated to did not use the MAC code!

I've contacted my new provider and they have told me the MAC code was definitely used and can be checked on the BT system eCo. It would not of been possible for BT to carry out work on the migration without a valid MAC code and Eclipse are wrong to charge me a cease fee.

This is exactly what's happening to me right now with Eclipse.

Did you manage to get it sorted out digi?
ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Thu 21-Jul-11 16:18:00
Print Post

[re: Scotts2k] [link to this post]

Hi Scotts2k,

Would you like me to take a look at whats going on?

Please feel free to PM me your account details if you'd like me to take a look.

Thanks

Andy

eclipse internet - now 15 years old!
- Eclipse Line Rental - Now available to existing customers.
- The Eclipse Referrer Scheme. Recommend Eclipse and earn up to £80!

Eclipse Website | Twitter
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Andronicus
(newbie) Mon 05-Sep-11 17:41:36
Print Post

[re: Scotts2k] [link to this post]

It seems that Eclipse's once celebrated customer services have gone to the wall. After several years with them I moved home recently and asked to migrate my service. Finding that my new line needed reconnection they simply ceased my service and charged me £25. Several email exchanges have led only to bureaucratic stonewalling on this - even though I wanted to continue using them. It seems that £25 now is worth more to them than £1000s in the future. So I shall move to another ISP that values its customer's loyalty.
Standard User broadband66
(experienced) Tue 06-Sep-11 12:10:03
Print Post

[re: Andronicus] [link to this post]

Their T&Cs allow for charging a cease fee as BT charge them.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to