User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User keithbucknall
(newbie) Sat 27-Aug-11 16:24:31
Print Post

Thinking of swapping from BE to Eclipse FFTC - Master Socket

[link to this post]

Hi all,

I am thinking of moving from BE ADSL2 over to Eclipse FFTC PRO and would like to ask how people have found the service and migration?

I also have my BT Master Socket in the Kitchen and a BT supplied extension in the lounge near a desk, would the Engineer or Eclipse be able to ensure the FFTC RJ45 presentation is NOT in the Kitchen and in the lounge, either by swapping the Master Socket over or adding a data extension on?

Has anyone else has this service from Eclipse?

As you get a vDSL modem and a WAN (Netgear) Router, can the WAN Router be replaced with my Untangle firewall which supports PPoE?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Keith
Standard User Sodoshi
(newbie) Wed 31-Aug-11 19:30:24
Print Post

Re: Thinking of swapping from BE to Eclipse FFTC - Master So

[re: keithbucknall] [link to this post]

I swapped recently. The BT man takes all of 10 minutes to swap the master socket, although gives out a 6-hour window for you to be available in. Eclipse performed the migration seamlessly (same day).

You can plug a PC directly into the BT modem - you don't need to use the supplied router. I tried it with PFsense and Untangle with PPoE but ran into difficulty with multiple static IPs, but that can be sorted out with the supplied Netgear as well. If you aren't using the supplied router, check your MTU to ensure you're optimised. (FTTC is a different MTU to ADSL)
ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Thu 01-Sep-11 13:26:08
Print Post

[re: keithbucknall] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by keithbucknall:
I also have my BT Master Socket in the Kitchen and a BT supplied extension in the lounge near a desk, would the Engineer or Eclipse be able to ensure the FFTC RJ45 presentation is NOT in the Kitchen and in the lounge, either by swapping the Master Socket over or adding a data extension on?

Hi Keith,

If you do decide to order with us (and I hope you do), I would suggest having a quick chat with our customer service guys during the order process, just to ensure the extension cable is sent out with the engineer.

In regards to moving the Master Socket - I would suggest making him tea and biscuits then asking him nicely. smile

Andy

eclipse internet - now 15 years old!
- Eclipse Line Rental - Now available to existing customers.
- The Eclipse Referrer Scheme. Recommend Eclipse and earn up to £80!

Eclipse Website | Twitter
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User keithbucknall
(newbie) Sat 01-Oct-11 15:45:40
Print Post

[re: Eclipsestaff] [link to this post]

Andy,

Thanks for the tip
  Print Thread

Jump to