User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bironibller
(newbie) Wed 14-Sep-11 09:14:45
Print Post

Trying to leave Eclipse

[link to this post]

Hi,

After years of slow speeds with Eclipse I've decided to move to BT Infinity which has just come available in my area. Unfortunately I've been trying for over a month to get a MAC code from eclipse (BT say they require one to place order). Everytime I've called I get put on hold which eventually rings off (after 15 minutes each time). I emailed only to be told MAC code requests can't be given by email and that I must contact customer services. Is there a quicker way of sorting this as I can never get through and want to leave urgently now (sub 1 meg speed often means working from home etc is a no no).

Best Regards
Standard User cheshire_man
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Sep-11 11:47:47
Print Post

Re: Trying to leave Eclipse

[re: Bironibller] [link to this post]

Have you logged in to My Eclipse and tried there?

Login, go to My Products / Connection Manager and, towards the bottom, is MAC Code [Request] button.

At least, there is on mine grin

Tony
ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Wed 14-Sep-11 15:05:44
Print Post

Hi Bironibller,

Sorry to hear that you're looking to leave. Would you be interested to know about our Home Fibre Products that we're getting ready to launch on Monday?

Please feel free to drop me your account details, I'll pass them onto the loyalty team.

Thanks

Andy

eclipse internet - now 15 years old!
- Eclipse Line Rental - Now available to existing customers.
- The Eclipse Referrer Scheme. Recommend Eclipse and earn up to £80!

Eclipse Website | Twitter
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadband66
(experienced) Wed 14-Sep-11 22:34:27
Print Post

I got my MAC the following day after using the option within "My Account" on the Eclipse web page.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
Standard User jdey123
(newbie) Mon 03-Oct-11 20:06:52
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

There's no option on my link. It says:-

"Requesting your MAC usually means you’re moving your broadband to another provider. We would like this process to be as smooth as possible.

We would also like you to think one more time about keeping your service with Eclipse. Here are some of the things we are now offering business customers like you.

We aim for 100% up time for your Internet connection and email
We aim for the lowest fault rate of all UK ISPs
We are creating state of the art infrastructure to provide you with a service that you can rely on
Where possible we will give you FREE trials of new technology to increase the reliability, security and productivity of your business
Devon based contact centre
0845 lo-call rate help line with dedicated business support
Our highly trained support team aim to answer your call within 60 seconds or less
We aim to fix all faults at the first point of contact
No repetitive checks of your equipment if you tell us its working
Total ownership of the problem until it's fixed to your satisfaction
Comprehensive online self service, help and knowledge base
If you would still like your MAC please call us on 0845 124 1115"

Damn right, I'm thinking of leaving. The connections have been temperamental of late. Currently, I've had a technical support call open for 48 hours as any new connections that I try to establish are re-directed to the BT wholesale webpage. No update on my call has been provided during this period. Secondly, having logged in to raise the support call, I discovered that Eclipse have been taking a £1 payment handling charge from my account each month since the start of the year, without telling me. I set up an automated payment facility with them so they could take money off my credit card each month when I started with them 4 years ago. Up until this year there was no payment handling charge. I'm disgusted that they can just add an extra charge on without telling me. No doubt their defence will be that if I log in each month and check my invoice it's clearly stated on there. How about sending an email or even including the introduction of a charge in the newsletter, Eclipse?
Standard User Hotdog1
(newbie) Thu 06-Oct-11 15:13:01
Print Post

[re: jdey123] [link to this post]

Funny you should mention temperamental connections with Eclipse. I've been with them for eight years and requested my MAC code today after recent interruptions with my service; a few weeks ago I was without broadband for three days. When I called tech support they didn't really seem to know what was going on and when service would be restored. Mine was a business product, but fortunately I was working away from my home office on those days. I need a reliable connection, so will probably head to Zen or some other highly rated company. Yes, I'm aware that Eclipse is rated as 'good' by Which?.

Sad to leave Eclipse, really, as most of those eight years have been pleasant enough and good value.
ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Fri 07-Oct-11 10:53:55
Print Post

[re: Hotdog1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Hotdog1:
Funny you should mention temperamental connections with Eclipse. I've been with them for eight years and requested my MAC code today after recent interruptions with my service; a few weeks ago I was without broadband for three days. When I called tech support they didn't really seem to know what was going on and when service would be restored. Mine was a business product, but fortunately I was working away from my home office on those days. I need a reliable connection, so will probably head to Zen or some other highly rated company. Yes, I'm aware that Eclipse is rated as 'good' by Which?.

Sad to leave Eclipse, really, as most of those eight years have been pleasant enough and good value.

Hi Hotdog1,

Sorry to hear that you're leaving us, and that we didn't give you confidence while we were investigating the issue with your line.

I am interested to see if there are any lessons that we could learn from this. Would you be able to PM me your account details, so I could flag this to the right people within Tech Support and Senior Management.

Thanks

Andy

eclipse internet - now 15 years old!
- Eclipse Line Rental - Now available to existing customers.
- The Eclipse Referrer Scheme. Recommend Eclipse and earn up to £80!

Eclipse Website | Twitter
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to