User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User kimball
(newbie) Sat 17-Sep-11 15:38:36
Print Post

Eclipse and LLU ADSL2+

[link to this post]

It is highly unlikely we will get 21CN WBC because we are on one of the exchanges that had it's upgrade date scrapped by BT. We don't want to be stuck paying a relatively high price for obsolete ADSL Max when there are better options.

Are Eclipse still able to provide their home packages over LLU ADSL2+ where there is no 21CN? If so are they going to keep this arrangement for the forseeable future? We have been with them for over five years and have been on LLU since it first appeared in our exchange (Ilfracombe) in 2008. I know there are other Eclipse customers with lines that are set up with this configuration. The Eclipse website doesn't seem to mention this anywhere.

We are currently on the legacy Evolution Option 2 (30GB peak) package and seeking an upgrade.

Many thanks,
Will
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Sep-11 15:53:31
Print Post

Re: Eclipse and LLU ADSL2+

[re: kimball] [link to this post]

21CN has no bearing on LLU. LLU is where ISPs put their own kit in exchange, regardless of what BT has there.

You has other LLU ISPs at your exchange, but the only one worth considering is Sky.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User kimball
(newbie) Sat 17-Sep-11 16:12:08
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thanks for replying. I realise 21CN has no bearing on LLU. I'm asking if they offer this because 21CN is not present on our exchange and Eclipse don't say anywhere what kind of connection you will be put on, the only way they can offer ADSL2+ in this instance is via LLU.

If it were up to me I would go with Sky but I can't because the person who pays the bill hates them but I agree with you

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zeb99
(newbie) Sat 17-Sep-11 16:12:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by kimball:
Are Eclipse still able to provide their home packages over LLU ADSL2+ where there is no 21CN? If so are they going to keep this arrangement for the forseeable future? We have been with them for over five years and have been on LLU since it first appeared in our exchange (Ilfracombe) in 2008. I know there are other Eclipse customers with lines that are set up with this configuration. The Eclipse website doesn't seem to mention this anywhere.

Eclipse confirmed to me by e-mail on the 18th August that:

This is occurring as part of an infrastructure change and as such we will no longer have any connections on Tiscali LLU circuitry.

My exchange hasn't been 21CN'd yet and there is no date planned for it. Eclipse claim that it should be done by the end of March 2012 - unfortunately I just have to wait to see how accurate that is!

In the mean time, Eclipse will be reducing the monthly fee and supplying me ADSL Max Premium. I would much rather have ADSL2+, though.

I still have issues with the way that this was communicated to me by Eclipse.
Standard User kimball
(newbie) Sat 17-Sep-11 16:49:24
Print Post

[re: zeb99] [link to this post]

This is occurring as part of an infrastructure change and as such we will no longer have any connections on Tiscali LLU circuitry.

I never received that message form them, maybe because I'm on a legacy 8160/448 connection. That is rather discouraging. I can understand your disappointment.

I know representatives for Eclipse post on here, maybe they can confirm this.
Standard User zeb99
(newbie) Sat 17-Sep-11 16:55:39
Print Post

That was actually taken from an e-mail I received from Jon Lee, not a general mail shot. Especially frustrating as Eclipse billed it as:

Were bringing you new technology at no extra cost

Your broadband line has been selected as part of our continuing upgrade programme to receive BTs latest, industry-leading technology.

in their original mail shot! Unfortunately I've only got Tiscali or Orange to choose from at my exchange and I don't fancy either.
Standard User aircool
(newbie) Sat 17-Sep-11 23:16:11
Print Post

[re: zeb99] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zeb99:
That was actually taken from an e-mail I received from Jon Lee, not a general mail shot. Especially frustrating as Eclipse billed it as:

Were bringing you new technology at no extra cost

Your broadband line has been selected as part of our continuing upgrade programme to receive BTs latest, industry-leading technology.

in their original mail shot! Unfortunately I've only got Tiscali or Orange to choose from at my exchange and I don't fancy either.

If you have Tiscali available look at the surfwise packages, currently on the 100GB FUP package from Vivaciti (ADSL2+) and its a bargain laugh
  Print Thread

Jump to