User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User forteh
(newbie) Thu 20-Oct-11 16:36:22
Print Post

10 Years with Eclipse!

[link to this post]

I have now been using eclipse for a little over 10 years and I am very happy to say that the connection is still as rock solid and faster now than it has ever been!

I can honestly count the number of times the connection has failed on one hand, most of these outages being due to the local exchange falling over. Customer services have always been very helpful and knowlegdeable and always resolved any issues.

Just a word of thanks to all at Eclipse for connection and support over the years smile
Standard User Lookatmema
(newbie) Thu 20-Oct-11 17:48:01
Print Post

Re: 10 Years with Eclipse!

[re: forteh] [link to this post]

Well, that's very good.

I've been 6 years with Eclipse and I'm leaving unless they try very hard to retain me.

They've recently changed their infrastructure and no longer offer ADS2+. They didn't consider me valuable enough to tell me in advance, and now my line speed has halved. To make matters worse, they now want to give me 58 pence rebate per month and bump up my upload speed to 1 Meg by way of compensation. That's a slap in the face.

It's been nice Eclipse, and stable, as forteh says, but it looks like goodbye.
Standard User brougham
(newbie) Thu 20-Oct-11 19:40:17
Print Post

[re: Lookatmema] [link to this post]

Where have you seen this mentioned?
What are the symptoms and when did it happen?

Twice in the last two weeks my router has dropped and connected to a BT network. I now have atrocious download speeds 1/5 of what I had before.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zadeks
(committed) Thu 20-Oct-11 20:07:38
Print Post

[re: forteh] [link to this post]

Mmm traffic shaping.
Standard User Lookatmema
(newbie) Thu 20-Oct-11 20:14:58
Print Post

[re: brougham] [link to this post]

Don't know when it changed, but I've had an e-mail from their sales people stating that it's happened.

I recently spotted hesitation in streamed video so I checked my router sync speed. That's how it all came about.

Spoke to tech. today and they confirmed their new supplier can't offer ADSL2+. Sales are now trying to push upgrades to fibre optic - at a big price. I was on ADSL2+ with a sync speed of 15.9 to 16.1 Mbps - now I've got 8.1.

Have you checked your router isn't your problem? If you picked up another BT network, it sounds like you've connected wirelessly to BT Openzone somewhere around you.
Standard User zeb99
(newbie) Thu 20-Oct-11 20:43:31
Print Post

I was informed of the 'upgrade' to my connection on 17th August. Essentially an 'upgrade' from a 12.24Mbps ADSL2+ connection on Tiscali LLU to an estimated 7Mbps ADSL Max BT service.

I was offered a choice of two of the following:

1. A 30% reduction in cost
2. Double the usage allowance
3. Faster upload (ADSL Max Premium service)

until the exchange has been 21CN'd. There are currently no plans for it to be 21CN'd however Eclipse state:

"We estimate that BT will have rolled 21cn technology out to the rest of the country by March 2012."

They also state:

"We are looking to start these migrations at the end of September"

however my connection hasn't yet been 'upgraded' (just run a speed test).
Standard User Lookatmema
(newbie) Thu 20-Oct-11 21:29:10
Print Post

[re: zeb99] [link to this post]

Snap. Same info - and some waffle about 21CN coming soon too.

Well Eclipse, it looks like you just lost me unless you offer some stunning deal when I call tomorrow.
Standard User Sceptic
(experienced) Fri 21-Oct-11 00:17:52
Print Post

Try looking at samknows.com to see which providers are on your exchange, BE are very good if present.
if you are limited to Tiscalli as an LLU provider I've read that Xilo provide a good service using the ticalli network.

best of luck in your search.
ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Fri 21-Oct-11 17:28:32
Print Post

Hi Lookatmema,

Sorry to hear that we've not had a conversation with you in regards to this. I can assure you that its not because we don't think you're valuable to us.

Would you be able to PM me your account details so I can make sure this is looked into.

Many Thanks

Andy

eclipse internet - now 15 years old!
- Eclipse Line Rental - Now available to existing customers.
- The Eclipse Referrer Scheme. Recommend Eclipse and earn up to £80!

Eclipse Website | Twitter
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to