User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zeb99
(newbie) Tue 25-Oct-11 23:32:02
Print Post

Upgraded to ADSL Max

[link to this post]

Well, it's finally happened. I've been upgraded from ADSL2+ to ADSL Max - great, thanks Eclipse.

About 15 minutes of downtime.

And to top it all off, they've not even got me on Premium (as promised) so I'm stuck with 448k upload!
ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Wed 26-Oct-11 10:32:15
Print Post

Re: Upgraded to ADSL Max

[re: zeb99] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zeb99:
And to top it all off, they've not even got me on Premium (as promised) so I'm stuck with 448k upload!

Sorry to here this zeb99,

If you'd like to PM me your account details, I'll do what I can to get this sorted out for you.

Andy

eclipse internet
- Eclipse Line Rental - Now available to existing customers.
- The Eclipse Referrer Scheme. Recommend Eclipse and earn up to £80!

Eclipse Website | Twitter
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User zeb99
(newbie) Thu 08-Dec-11 22:59:19
Print Post

[re: Eclipsestaff] [link to this post]

Just an update on this - the regrade to ADSLMax Premium was placed and actioned on the 29th October. I was given a free month for the hassle.

However, I'm still actually waiting for Eclipse to tell me that this has been completed! They closed the ticket on the 27th October (before the regrade had been completed)! I didn't even get a notification that the ticket had been closed!

For a communications company, they're not doing that well!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 08-Dec-11 23:31:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by zeb99:
I've been upgraded from ADSL2+ to ADSL Max
Eh? That's a downgrade!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User zeb99
(newbie) Thu 08-Dec-11 23:39:07
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Eh? That's a downgrade!

Precisely! Eclipse are getting / have got rid of their Tiscali LLU and moving / moved everyone back to BT. My exchange hasn't been 21CN'd and there's no date for it to be enabled. However they have claimed:

We estimate that BT will have rolled 21cn technology out to the rest of the country by March 2012

So no doubt I'll see a huge speed increase then! At least I get a discount until I've got 21CN!

I was on 12.4Mbps, now on 8128k/832k.

All this under the guise of:

We’re bringing you new technology – at no extra cost.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 09-Dec-11 11:13:35
Print Post

Sounds just like they copied Orange grin.

You might get the same thing from Orange at less cost, esp. when it's 21CN'ed.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User alcockell
(learned) Sat 10-Dec-11 09:19:44
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Speaking personally, I had a few hassles when my line was LLU'd; for example when Tiscali applied traffic-shaping to wholesale connections by mistake. There's also the whole thing where they are no loger offering SMPF connections downstream, expecting to supply both phone and ADLS down the circuit.

There's alsways the option of going with a bonded DSL connection... means a 2nd phone line...
Standard User zeb99
(newbie) Mon 26-Dec-11 21:55:18
Print Post

Another update on this!

I received a phone call from a nice chap at Eclipse, I think on the 9th December, to apologise for the way that this had been handled.

Needless to say, there's yet another problem! Perhaps the nice chap who called me would kindly call me back to discuss this.

As part of the compensation for the speed downgrade, Eclipse offered me a choice of any two of the following three options (until the exchange receives its 21CN upgrade):

1. Reduced monthly fee
2. Double the monthly allocation
3. ADSL Max Premium for faster uploading

I chose options 1 and 3. This was agreed on the 30th August with Jon Lee.

As you can see from the above, I originally received ADSL Max and was eventually regraded to ADSL Max Premium and given a free month as compensation.

And now, after my free month, I've just received my latest bill... as I suspected - no discount!

They really aren't doing very well at all!

Here's waiting for my phone call from the nice chap. Maybe he can explain how they got this wrong as well.
Standard User john7
(member) Wed 28-Dec-11 14:02:20
Print Post

Don’t hold your breath, some years ago after weeks of issues I was told I would get a refund/payment for the problems it was admitted were caused by Eclipse, never did!
Standard User zeb99
(newbie) Thu 29-Dec-11 18:00:31
Print Post

An update on this. I raised a ticket with Eclipse and marked it as a complaint for Customer Services. Apparently it was then passed to their 'Loyalty Team'. It's now with Sales and has been passed to a manager to 'investigate what was agreed'!

Not going to hold my breath!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to