User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Nov-11 21:10:56
Print Post

Is an Eclipse email server being blacklisted?

[link to this post]

When I send emails to one person who's email is xxx@btinternet.com on several occasions in the last week or so I've received after a few hours an Delivery Delay email. It states:
The reason for the problem:
4.3.2 - Not accepting messages at this time 421-'4.7.0 [TS01] Messages from 212.50.160.34 temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see http://postmaster.yahoo.com/421-ts01.html'
IP address 212.50.160.34 is for smtpout.karoo.kcom.com which is one(?) of the Eclipse email servers.

I don't get this delay report for any other emails. Is it an Eclipse (KCOM) problem in that their server is being reported as a spam server, or a Yahoo problem for falsely seeing the server as a spam server?

And, if it's an Eclipse problem, why would other email servers not be aware of it and delay similarly?

Tony
ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Fri 02-Dec-11 09:28:31
Print Post

Re: Is an Eclipse email server being blacklisted?

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Hi Tony,

Looking at BT / Yahoo forums, I can only imagine that some customers on the BT / Yahoo email platform complained of spam or other unwanted email.

We do actively monitor our email server for both spam and email viruses, but sadly we cant stop 100% of all email spam coming from our network.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but thankfully it does look like it should be a short term issue.

Please let me know if it continues to be a problem.

Andy

eclipse internet
- Eclipse Line Rental - Now available to existing customers.
- Eclipse Knowledge Base

Eclipse Website | Twitter
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Dec-11 09:34:47
Print Post

[re: Eclipsestaff] [link to this post]

Andy

Thanks. I'll let you know if and when I get any re-occurrences.

It's our Vicar's email address and, as one of his church wardens, we exchange a lot of emails so delay/bounce can be a nuisance.

(Yes I know speediness isn't guaranteed, but usually happens.)

Tony

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User john7
(member) Fri 02-Dec-11 11:15:38
Print Post

This may be sorted as my wife sends out to our U3A members and had masses or bounced ones yesterday. This morning she had to send out AGM mailings (at 10.30am) and so far none have been bounced.
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Dec-11 12:14:32
Print Post

[re: john7] [link to this post]

I've had 3 or 4 occurrences in the past 2 or 3 weeks. They're delays, typically reported 4-6 hours after posting, rather than bounces. However after a few more hours they do seem to get through.

Tony
Standard User john7
(member) Fri 02-Dec-11 22:39:18
Print Post

I thought it was better but she started to get the notice of mail being delayed over 5 hours after being sent! They went out at 10.30 this morning and the notices were coming back after 5 this evening!
It makes sending them a nightmare, not knowing when or even if they are getting there.
She asked in a separate email some of those being sent to for them to let her know if/when they got the test mailings, no replyís at all yet!
Its getting to the stage it was some years ago when we had a Hotmail account to get mail out reliably.
ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Mon 05-Dec-11 14:53:39
Print Post

[re: john7] [link to this post]

Hi John7,

Is this while you're trying to mail @btinternet.com email addresses?

Thanks

Andy

eclipse internet
- Eclipse Line Rental - Now available to existing customers.
- Eclipse Knowledge Base

Eclipse Website | Twitter
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User john7
(member) Mon 05-Dec-11 16:35:07
Print Post

Yes, itís the members who have BT addresses in the address lists used, all the others are OK.
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Dec-11 14:23:18
Print Post

3 more occurrences today.

I sent an email sent out to as group of friends at 0918 today. I've just received bounces from 3 of the group, all of whom are have btinternet.com email addresses. All bounces say
Delivery Status Notification (Delay)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

<xx.yyyyy@btinternet.com>

The reason for the problem:
4.3.2 - Not accepting messages at this time 421-'4.7.0 [TS01] Messages from 212.50.160.34 temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see http://postmaster.yahoo.com/421-ts01.html'
There is clearly still a problem with this same server. It really does need to be thoroughly investigated and completely resolved.

Tony
Standard User Dr_Dave
(newbie) Thu 15-Dec-11 05:43:40
Print Post

Yes.......I've been getting these delay messages when sending to one btinternet.com email account too
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to