User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-Jan-12 23:37:58
Print Post

Eclipse Home Broadband Products

[link to this post]

Eclipse Home Lite is £12.50 for 2GB usage allowance, Home Select is £20.50 for 50GB.

It would seem there's a big jump both in price and usage allowance between these two products. It's a shame they don't offer one around 10-15GB at, say £15.

I suspect the number of users on the LITE product is fairly small given the low usage allowance.

Tony
ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Thu 02-Feb-12 13:50:31
Print Post

Re: Eclipse Home Broadband Products

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Hi Cheshire_man,

I'll pass your comments on about the leap between Home Lite and Home Select to our products guys.

I have to admit, I dont know the exact numbers, but you may be surprised at the amount of people on Home Lite. I think people see them as a nice standard little package for emails and web browsing.

Andy

eclipse internet
- Eclipse Line Rental - Now available to existing customers.
- Eclipse Knowledge Base

Eclipse Website | Twitter
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User broadband66
(experienced) Fri 03-Feb-12 12:26:43
Print Post

I used to be on the home-lite and was more than satisfied but the lure from O2 at £7.50 was too much. Now £9.50

I still use less than 2Gb/month even though I'm on an unlimited package. There must be thousands like me that that don't download films and use the internet to browse and email only.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Jul-12 18:48:25
Print Post

[re: Eclipsestaff] [link to this post]

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

I see that Eclipse home "Broadband and Calls" packages have a choice of 3 broadband elements, 20 GB/month, 50 GB/month, or unlimited. But the stand-alone broadband is 2 GB, 50 GB or 100 GB / month.

This seems to penalise those who choose to take only broadband from Eclipse and have their land line from another company.

Why this disadvantageous discrepancy?

Tony
Standard User john7
(member) Sat 14-Jul-12 09:15:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by cheshire_man:

I see that Eclipse home "Broadband and Calls" packages have a choice of 3 broadband elements, 20 GB/month, 50 GB/month, or unlimited. But the stand-alone broadband is 2 GB, 50 GB or 100 GB / month.

This seems to penalise those who choose to take only broadband from Eclipse and have their land line from another company.

The other thing is that these allow unrestricted overnight use! As someone who backing up on line its crazy that it makes no difference to me if I run the backup mid-day or at midnight! Unlike my son who backs up to me who is unrestricted after 11.00pm. Given the costs of extra GB month with Eclipse itís getting tempting to look elsewhere given that this looks to me the same old sales tactic of offer good deals to get the punters in and rely on inertia to keep them when the next good deal is offered to those you want to attract. With a low price/budget product I can accept that but Eclipse is one of the most expensive BB products out there so its very easy to find productís offering the same for much less so they need to keep customers not just attract them!
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Jul-12 09:31:14
Print Post

[re: john7] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by john7:
With a low price/budget product I can accept that but Eclipse is one of the most expensive BB products out there so its very easy to find productís offering the same for much less so they need to keep customers not just attract them!
Totally agree.

I've been with them 9 years but am seriously starting to wonder why I continue to stay with them. My son who recommended Eclipse to me in 2003 has recently left them because they couldn't/wouldn't resolve his connection or speed for BT Infinity and is delighted with the offering.

Tony

Edited by cheshire_man (Sat 14-Jul-12 09:38:04)

Standard User john7
(member) Sat 14-Jul-12 14:57:56
Print Post

I was phoned about this combined phone and BB deal and the sales person admitted my separate BT line rental (£35.98) and Eclipse product (38) was cheaper than the Eclipse equivalent.
My son on another provider has fibre, over 20Mb, and phone for a btt less than I am paying for phone and a 4Mb BB service. It would be over £40 with Eclipse, why?
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Jul-12 17:40:40
Print Post

[re: john7] [link to this post]

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I prefer to keep my land line, Broadband, and mobile as separate contracts - albeit our mobiles are PAYG. I know that doesn't, on the face of it, give me the best deals, but that's the way I prefer it. Nevertheless I increasingly feel that Eclipse are getting more and more out of line.

Tony
ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Wed 18-Jul-12 10:28:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by cheshire_man:

A good question that I don't have an answer for. I'll email your question over to the relevant team this end and I will let you know what their response is.

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Aug-12 08:21:09
Print Post

[re: Eclipsestaff] [link to this post]

Good job I haven't been holding my breath in anticipation of a response.

I wonder how long Eclipse (or Kingston) will last as an niche ISP? Their products are very expensive and a key USP of high quality customer service is increasingly losing its validity. It's still reliable, but so are others round here using other ISPs, e.g. BT.

I'm saddened but not entirely surprised.

Tony
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to