User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ClaretMatt
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 06:03:34
Print Post

Traffic management

[link to this post]

The traffic management on Eclipse is horrible. If I dare to download any torrents, I find my connection bumped off every time, requiring a router reboot. And the download speed is pitiful, whatever time of day it is.

Now, I had major problems getting a fault fixed with BT Openreach, and Eclipse were superb with communication, kicking BT in the balls etc. This issue with the throttled speed and forced disconnects is a total deal breaker.
Standard User ionic
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Mar-12 10:09:08
Print Post

Re: Traffic management

[re: ClaretMatt] [link to this post]

Forced disconnects? Really?

Are you sure it's not your router falling over due to the high number of inbound and outbound torrent streams?
Standard User ClaretMatt
(newbie) Tue 06-Mar-12 10:55:23
Print Post

[re: ionic] [link to this post]

Erm... no

Move along

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Tue 06-Mar-12 11:14:30
Print Post

Hi ClaretMatt, I am sorry to hear about the problems you have been having. I can assure you that what you have described is certainly not a form of traffic management that we use on our network.

If you pm your connection username or phone number over I will have a look into what is causing this.

Thanks

eclipse internet
- Eclipse Line Rental - Now available to existing customers.
- Eclipse Knowledge Base

Eclipse Website | Twitter
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User ionic
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Mar-12 12:57:22
Print Post

...so you can see from your router logs that the DSL connection and/or PPP are killed remotely from the exhcange end can you and that it directly correlates with your use of bittorrent?
Standard User tri_hard
(learned) Wed 25-May-16 13:24:30
Print Post

I'm not sure if you would describe it as traffic management but I noticed a degradation is the quality of Skype calls to my parents who are on Eclipse.

On actually being in the Uk and having a look at the connection, despite several reboots, the connection statistics on my old trusty Vigor router, it looks like Eclipse have locked down their connection to exactly 1,024.

I guess this is how you get rid of residential clients when you decide you want to stick to business clients only.
Standard User john7
(member) Thu 26-May-16 16:07:18
Print Post

[re: tri_hard] [link to this post]

They are also throttling updates, I was originally told by support they were not. But when I kept on it turned out they are doing so, this was both a Sunday and a Friday so hardly the Tuesday/Wednesday MS update days. I was having, with the laptop maker, rebuilding a faulty Windows 10 install. They were convinced I had a slow internet connection when they tried working remotely on the laptop[. When I tested it was downloading at 30 Mb it was eclipse throttling. It didn't please me and even less when they said they hardly ever experienced an ISP doing it now and never to the extent Eclipse were doing it.
The only good thing was I have got Eclipse top refund a months money but we are going to move when able.
  Print Thread

Jump to