User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ClaretMatt
(newbie) Thu 03-May-12 17:21:48
Print Post

I've come to the conclusion that Eclipse isn't worth it...

[link to this post]

I'm not here to flame Eclipse by any means, and to be fair, when I've had a line fault which needed a lot of back and forth with Openreach (5 months!), they were absolutely top notch. In fact all aspects of thier customer service are absolutely top notch.

But, sadly, I'm finding that the connection is not so good. Not meaning disconnects or any faults per se, just sluggish web pages, throttled downloads (I got 25kbs from Steam a few days ago!). I have in the past been with Sky, Plusnet, TalkTalk, Demon and Virgin Connect and they were all much better in this regard. Eclipse isn't cheap as far as ADSL goes, I pay £20.50 a month for just my broadband. I don't mind paying a bit extra for a better product but I just don't feel as though I'm getting one at times.

I like Eclipse a lot because of the customer service, but that isn't really what I'm paying £20 a month for... I know I could pay more, with an Entanet or A&AISP, but Eclipse has really knocked my confidence as far as paying out for a premium quality service.
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-May-12 23:51:35
Print Post

Re: I've come to the conclusion that Eclipse isn't worth it.

[re: ClaretMatt] [link to this post]

The price of broadband through eclipse has been going up over the years.

My mums eclipse connection costs £12.76+VAT (£15.32) for 20GB + unlimited off-peak, the closest equiv new package is £20.50 (50GB usage) but with more rate limiting.

It seems they don't compare well to other 'low cost' offerings, especially now TT is available on that exchange.

Support has always been very good, haven't needed to call/e-mail them for a long time now though. Which is a good thing smile

I still find the connection to be ok, but then the line can only do 1Mbps which will run flat out for anything I've tried.

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
  Print Thread

Jump to