User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Mon 13-Aug-12 16:34:06
Print Post

Contract periods

[link to this post]

I've been considering the bundled telephone/broadband packages again, now that my existing landline provider has put their prices up again, but I have a quick question for Eclipsestaff about contract periods.

I'm on the old Evolution broadband, but the bundled package I am considering is essentially the same service, but with landline added. Do I have to enter into a new 18 month contract for both landline, and also the broadband I've had for 6+ years?

If this is the case, it seems to me that this could be a big disincentive to regrade to these new bundled packages. Being effectively treated as a new customer will certainly encourage me to look around to see what other deals are available. I also notice that some other providers only have a 30 day contract period for the landline part of any bundled package, which makes the Eclipse terms look particularly mean.

Finally, with regard to the early termination fees, I presume the charges listed HERE are per month remaining on the contract?

eclipse internet
ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Wed 15-Aug-12 10:36:17
Print Post

Re: Contract periods

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

Hi

We’re sorry that you appear to have some concerns about contract periods to do with your Eclipse account. We would like the opportunity to investigate these further.

So we can look into this matter in more detail, would you please be kind enough to provide us with your account details. You can either reply to this message or contact us via email – CustomerRelations@eclipse.net.uk

Once we have received this information, one of our management team will get in touch with you to discuss things further.

Many thanks

Louise

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Thu 16-Aug-12 20:52:16
Print Post

Re: Contract periods

[re: Eclipsestaff] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply... to be honest, I was looking for some indication whether this policy was set in stone, as it appears to be on the website.

I'm off on hol soon, but I will be dealing with this when I return and will contact you then. I will be changing landline provider to a provider who can offer some sort of bundle, but I'm fairly limited being on a rural market 1 (BT only) exchange. The only issue I can see with the Eclipse offering is the renewed contract period.

eclipse internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to