User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bobby_Valentino
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 27-Aug-12 09:31:14
Print Post

Home Fibre Usage Allowance Question

[link to this post]

Hi

I noticed my internet speeds capped at 256kbps due to me hitting the 10GB usage allowance limilt, however I purchased an extra 1GB and also noticed that this was used up aswell over the weekend.

The FAQ's clearly state that the usage allowance for weekend will not count, why is this being counted towards the usage limit? Im now limited back to 256kbps speeds again, very frustrating!

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Mon 27-Aug-12 09:42:14
Print Post

Re: Home Fibre Usage Allowance Question

[re: Bobby_Valentino] [link to this post]

Is that a joke? Eclipse Home Fibre only comes with 10GB usage. That's rubbish!

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Mon 27-Aug-12 14:38:49
Print Post

[re: Bobby_Valentino] [link to this post]

Yep i've just been on there web site it looks to be very expensive on eclipse now days 21.50 for 10GB Monthly Usage, i've taken a look at plusnet they do 256gb Monthly usage at 19.99, up to 76Mb download speed, something can't be right somewhere, crazy to stay on eclipse if your on fibre.

eclipse internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Dr_Dave
(newbie) Sat 09-Feb-13 10:02:41
Print Post

[re: nuke_me] [link to this post]

That is plain ridiculous! I think we transferred 8GB+ on our first night with PlusNet Fibre!
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Mon 11-Feb-13 13:29:21
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

I have to agree, Eclipse is being left way behind by some of the packages recently announced by other suppliers. Even the FUPs being applied to other 'unlimited' deals are way over the limits offered on often more expensive Eclipse products.

eclipse internet

Edited by sparky_paul (Mon 11-Feb-13 13:30:27)

Standard User scragglymonk
(knowledge is power) Mon 01-Apr-13 14:16:57
Print Post

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

left eclipse after a server fire gave me the best speeds I ever had with them, 7.85 mb i recall, then the fire got put out and a gradual drop back down to 0.5 mb

sales support told me it was still upto 8 mb, but got the mac code and have not been capped since

on a legacy unlimited account and it would only be a problem if i was to download a TB or so every month, not sure on the usage but can be 10 GB per day if downloading updates and watching online films smile

time to move smile

Windows is now a 64 bit tweak of a 32 bit extension to a 16 bit user interface for an 8 bit operating system based on a 4 bit architecture from a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition. Merula FTTC
  Print Thread

Jump to