User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User selector
(learned) Mon 03-Sep-12 05:00:09
Print Post

Email Authentication Errors

[link to this post]

Still suffering from the email authentication issue. Seems to be ongoing according to the status page. Does anyone know what the issue is?
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Sep-12 08:32:51
Print Post

Re: Email Authentication Errors

[re: selector] [link to this post]

They claim it was resolved at about 0300 this morning. Certainly I couldn't get to my Eclipse POP3 email all day yesterday but it's fine this morning for me.Neither could I log in to my Eclipse account but that's working ok now.

I could send email, though if it was to another Eclipse email address then it bounced in due course, non-Eclipse was ok.

i assume it was something to do with their authentication system(s), not just email.

Tony
Standard User john7
(member) Mon 03-Sep-12 09:53:34
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

As usual you have to get onto your account to see service statues where you are told you canít use the service to be able to read the information. BUT I did find a way round this http://www.eclipse.net.uk/marketing/includes/hands/s...
I have no idea if this is a deliberate way round the log on or not but it works. It would appear sensible to be able to access service information without loging on for exactly the problems suffered over the last day.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Sep-12 11:53:44
Print Post

[re: john7] [link to this post]

Service status doesn't need you to be logged in.

On the main Eclipse screen, click on Help & Support at the top (not on any of the drop down items), then select Service Status. There you are.

Tony
Standard User john7
(member) Mon 03-Sep-12 11:56:07
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Yep, hadn't tried there
  Print Thread

Jump to