User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Fri 08-Feb-13 15:13:09
Print Post

Time to move on mac code wanted

[link to this post]

Been waiting and waiting for a FTTC 80/20 product from eclipse, and still nothing, and i gave it a extra month after the xmas holidays. So i think its time to move on after 9 years, just wanna know how long does it take to get a mac code from eclipse now days, any eclipse staff/rep can give me a time frame for it?

eclipse internet
Standard User Dr_Dave
(newbie) Sat 09-Feb-13 10:04:04
Print Post

Re: Time to move on mac code wanted

[re: nuke_me] [link to this post]

Don't worry, it was emailed to me within 6hrs or so.
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Wed 20-Feb-13 12:40:23
Print Post

[re: Dr_Dave] [link to this post]

ok I've just phoned up for a mac code and waiting on the email of the mac, its been great 9 years with eclipse but now time is over for me, i'm sad that eclipse could not bring out a product which could compete with plus net pricing.

eclipse internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Feb-13 22:14:08
Print Post

I rang to ask for my MAC and finished up negotiating a deal that in effect is only £15 pa more than Plusnet (not fibre) so I'm staying.

I don't need fibre and given my distance from the cabinet, especially as the cabinet is more than half way to the exchange the speed improvement wouldn't amount to that much, and certainly not for the costs charged - whichever ISP.

Tony
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Thu 21-Feb-13 09:55:27
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Well i did ask about FTTC with eclipse but they couldn't do anything for 80/20, seemed a nice guy who i chatted with, and he said there 80/20 should have been out earlier this month, but even if they had that product he said they couldn't have matched the pricing of plusnet, if they could have matched product and price i would have stayed, i really do hate to change but sign of the times.
What i pay at eclipse i can get

Available Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)
WBC FTTC________Up to 65.9_________________Up to 20

I get around 5.50mbps here so its going to be a biggggggggggg jump in speed, with plusnet around the same price its just a no brainer
This is using the BT checker.
Anyway i've got the mac now but not used it yet, because we have some plumbing being done in the next month, which will take around 2 days so i don't want the bt openreach guy to come at the same time as plumbing guys here.
See what happes later today when they are going to turn up, then i can place the order for FTTC.

eclipse internet
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Feb-13 16:20:37
Print Post

I get around 8Mb down and 0.9Mb up at the moment, FTTC checker suggests around 16Mb down and 4Mb up so a fair increase but as I do little uploading and don't download films or the like, and I'm the only one in the house who uses the BB, the present speeds are fine.

Tony
  Print Thread

Jump to