User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dai2k
(committed) Mon 25-Feb-13 19:22:33
Print Post

eclipse force new contract and the fibre debacle

[link to this post]

So i moved house before christmas and was told i had to take out a new contract for 12 months with them. I remember when i signed up initially years ago they did rolling contracts. Fine so i qccepted this but this has now forced me to take out fibre with eclipse or wait a year. Having to pay 60 pound a month for a service offered elsewhere for 20 and at faster speeds really is annoying. I accept the contract situation as a commercial thing eclipse have setup however why are they charging so much more for so much less product? Is there any chance of a price drop soon? And when will they be supporting the faster speeds plusnet offer allready? Any chance of an official eclipse response on this, i really dont like feeling like im being ripped off.

=========================================
{Hamster}Dai2k

I am Homer of Borg you will be..... oooohhhhh Donuts!!!!
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 26-Feb-13 14:24:14
Print Post

Re: eclipse force new contract and the fibre debacle

[re: dai2k] [link to this post]

Surely if your previous connection type was unavailable at the new premises you didn't have to accept a new contract?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
Standard User dai2k
(committed) Wed 27-Feb-13 00:10:23
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

when i moved in december i was still on an adslproduct. they moved the product as was to the new home and that put me into a 12 month contract which i disputed at the time. However they would not allow me to remain on a rolling contract.

So when i wanted fibre it meant either staying with them for another 9 months on dsl (only 1 meg speed due to line length) taking out a new contract for fibre for 12-24 months or paying off my contract to move elsewhere. But with their poorly priced fibre products i'm paying 3 times per month compared to competitors. All due to the fact they put you into a new contract if you move home. I understand the commercial sense for them but the problem i have is this and the fact their products are crazily priced does lave a bitter taste in the mouth. If the pricing on the fibre product was better i would have no complaint.

=========================================
{Hamster}Dai2k

I am Homer of Borg you will be..... oooohhhhh Donuts!!!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Wed 27-Feb-13 19:00:36
Print Post

[re: dai2k] [link to this post]

If you are moving and are forced to take on a new contract to remain with Eclipse, you have to consider what other options are out there. If you find something better, terminate with Eclipse and start with the new provider at the new premises.

It doesn't seem a good way to retain customers, like the 18 month contract forced upon you when moving from broadband only to a phone & broadband package. If you are faced with starting a lengthy contract from scratch, you may as well see what other providers have to offer.

eclipse internet
Standard User scragglymonk
(knowledge is power) Mon 01-Apr-13 14:19:20
Print Post

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

60 quid is a lot for a [censored] poor connection

paying £30 but due to a mistake by the company accountant, they pay £20 of that smile

Windows is now a 64 bit tweak of a 32 bit extension to a 16 bit user interface for an 8 bit operating system based on a 4 bit architecture from a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition. Merula FTTC
  Print Thread

Jump to