User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BuckyOHare
(newbie) Mon 21-Mar-16 12:27:12
Print Post

Eclipse is no more

[link to this post]

Well the company I work for got letter today rom Eclipse Internet stating that from 4th April Eclipse Internet will be no more its being re-branded to KCom the parent company. I thought this was going to be on the cards when they stopped advertising Domestic Connections and changing to a Business only ISP.

I used to be a domestic customer of theirs but when I moved house I decided that I would swap to another supplier and it has turned out to be a more reliable and stable connection with out all the traffic management and fully unlimited bandwidth for a fraction of what I was paying Eclipse.

ex Eclipse Lightspeed Fibre customer
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Mon 21-Mar-16 17:34:33
Print Post

Re: Eclipse is no more

[re: BuckyOHare] [link to this post]

I keep wondering whether to move away from Eclipse but... the performance is ok for my needs - just the occasional slow down daytime. As far as availability/reliability it's just about rock solid.

I'm really not worried what the company is called long as the service continues as it is currently.

My alternative of choice would probably be fibre from BT, i.e. Infinity, but at the moment I can really justify the post-12 month cost and don't want the hassle of re-negotiating a new deal every 12 months or so.

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Tue 22-Mar-16 13:09:43
Print Post

[re: BuckyOHare] [link to this post]

Not heard anything here, I wonder if anything will change for the remaining residential customers?

I'm still with Eclipse, the only reason I haven't left for is because I'm moving in the near future and don't want to start a new contract. If I was staying here, I would be looking at a 4G solution as ADSL is rubbish on this market 1 exchange, and although a local county council project has brought fibre to the exchange, we're not getting a cabinet.

eclipse internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ehteam
(experienced) Tue 22-Mar-16 13:32:36
Print Post

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sparky_paul:
Not heard anything here, I wonder if anything will change for the remaining residential customers

No change according to Eclipse on Twitter. I left in January having joined in 2003.

Paul
Standard User Suzi
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 22-Mar-16 15:20:49
Print Post

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

As ehteam said, apparently nothing will change for residential customers. I've since made it private (I was only public to send that tweet), but I originally asked:

@EclipseInternet @eclipsecare How does http://www.kcom.com/brandchange/ affect customers of Eclipse? Will I lose my Eclipse email address or website?

And their response was:

Are you a home customer? If so it doesn't affect you at all. Please DM your full name/company for more info

I'm mostly happy with the service. I'm considering upgrading to Fibre, but finding out from another website and this forum that Eclipse may or may not be re-branded rather than from my own ISP leaves a sour taste. Eclipse may see this as nothing to be concerned about as it doesn't directly change anything, but I'd feel a lot happier if that was explained to us in advance. A blog post, an email, or even an unprovoked tweet would have been nice, but we (residential customers) weren't told when they switched to being more business focused, so I expected nothing differently this time either.
(knowledge is power) Tue 22-Mar-16 17:07:35
Print Post

[re: Suzi] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Suzi:
As ehteam said, apparently nothing will change for residential customers. I've since made it private (I was only public to send that tweet), but I originally asked:
@EclipseInternet @eclipsecare How does http://www.kcom.com/brandchange/ affect customers of Eclipse? Will I lose my Eclipse email address or website?
And their response was:
Are you a home customer? If so it doesn't affect you at all. Please DM your full name/company for more info
Thanks for that.
I'm mostly happy with the service. I'm considering upgrading to Fibre, but finding out from another website and this forum that Eclipse may or may not be re-branded rather than from my own ISP leaves a sour taste. Eclipse may see this as nothing to be concerned about as it doesn't directly change anything, but I'd feel a lot happier if that was explained to us in advance. A blog post, an email, or even an unprovoked tweet would have been nice, but we (residential customers) weren't told when they switched to being more business focused, so I expected nothing differently this time either.
Indeed, not good customer relations. I'm wondering whether in the not too distant future they will be selling off their domestic customer base to one of the mass market el cheapo ISPs. That would get me changing in double quick time.

Tony
Standard User Suzi
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Mar-16 14:23:41
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cheshire_man:
Indeed, not good customer relations. I'm wondering whether in the not too distant future they will be selling off their domestic customer base to one of the mass market el cheapo ISPs. That would get me changing in double quick time.

I've thought the same thing. I'll be interested to see what happens, but if we get shoved to a company I don't want to be with, or the service goes drastically downhill, I'm out too.

Other than the reply to me, the only thing I see from Eclipse is a retweet of this article. It makes for some interesting reading.

KC have a FAQ page about the re-brand. It's tailored to their customers of course, but it's better than Eclipse's efforts so far.
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Fri 25-Mar-16 00:31:20
Print Post

Interesting stuff indeed, and thanks all for the info.

eclipse internet
Standard User Suzi
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 01-Apr-16 20:56:34
Print Post

KC have a FAQ page about the re-brand. It's tailored to their customers of course, but it's better than Eclipse's efforts so far.

The other day I sent feedback to the email address given at the bottom of KC's FAQ page. I didn't expect a response, but today I received one.

I was told that from next Monday the Eclipse website will redirect to the new KCOM website, but there will be a link to login to the My Eclipse page for residential customers, similar to what we have at the moment. Essentially, nothing will change for us. The tweet to me said as much, but this clarifies it.

I would have still preferred that to be announced to us all in advance rather than as a reply, but it has eased some of my concerns. Now we just wait and see.
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-Apr-16 22:49:21
Print Post

Thank you, i continue to wonder how long for...

Tony
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to