User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User john7
(member) Mon 04-Apr-16 14:01:21
Print Post

Re: Eclipse is no more

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

It has been a change over well up to the usual appallingly bad customer service you get used to. How hard would it have been to e-mail the changes to all customers rather than let them find out the hard way. I needed to access web mail and it took a long time to work out how to get at it now. Also who do we contact now, I tried “live support” and nothing (but in the past that was normal as well). Is it the old eclipse contact or the new ones (and if so which ones?
Standard User Suzi
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 05-Apr-16 22:36:20
Print Post

[re: john7] [link to this post]

I'm very disappointed it wasn't emailed to us all in advance. I'm glad for this website (and others that report ISP related news), because I wouldn't have wanted to find out by seeing the new page.

You may have figured this out already, but for anyone else that feels a bit blind-sided by all this, here are a few direct links:

I don't know how long the regular Eclipse website will redirect (maybe indefinitely, who knows), but otherwise you can get to "our" main website by going to http://business.kcom.com. Alternatively, we can go straight to our Eclipse Portal at https://my.eclipse.net.uk/log-on.aspx. On this page it links to Webmail, a few other pages, lists a number for Home users (opening times available on their Contact Us page), and has links for their live support.

Live support has always worked for me, however I read on twitter that someone was unable to type anything on it the other day and its been since fixed. Whether it's the Live Chat linked on the Eclipse Portal page I couldn't say, but maybe try again if you had problems before. Alternatively, the ticket system when logging into your Eclipse Portal should still work.

Eclipse's new twitter account redirects to https://twitter.com/KCOMbusiness. This is mostly industry news. Support is available at KCOM Care, but I don't know if this is for us too or not, however the business twitter account links to it so it possibly is. I'm sure most people are like me and won't want to use twitter for help, but it's an option.
Standard User cheshire_man
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-Apr-16 08:47:42
Print Post

[re: Suzi] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Suzi:
...Alternatively, the ticket system when logging into your Eclipse Portal should still work.
It certainly does. As I had a permissions issue on the Eclipse Portal I raised a ticket at 17:24 on Monday, it was resolved by 13:14 the following day. Good service as far I'm concerned.

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to