User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Sat 04-Jun-16 17:16:48
Print Post

Emails

[link to this post]

Anyone else having problems with eclipse email addresses this last week?

I can email myself okay from a yahoo address, but lots of other expected emails seem to be missing.

eclipse internet
(experienced) Sun 21-Aug-16 12:47:31
Print Post

Re: Emails

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

It's gone very quiet on here, I'm starting to think there's only me left.

The email situation resolved itself. Support said they didn't know of any problem, and monitored the situation for a while - but I think it had fixed itself by the time I noticed something was amiss. Several days of emails definitely did go missing from webmail.

eclipse internet
Standard User cheshire_man
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 21-Aug-16 20:31:51
Print Post

I still use Eclipse, though not normally use my email address with them - though I do monitor in case... Just sent myself an test email via that address, received it no problems.

And I regularly exchange emails with some friends of mine who are on Eclipse, again no problems.

Broadly speaking Eclipse does what I need, and very very reliably.

Tony
Happily running Windows 10 Pro on both desktop and laptop
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(experienced) Mon 22-Aug-16 09:54:55
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

I'm still on a legacy Evo package with unlimited overnight, it's reliable enough but the daytime data allowance is no longer sufficient.

The next problem is that I could be moving house. I would regrade with eclipse, but they want to impose a new 18 month contract on me for this... I've only been with them 10 years! I don't want to tie into any contract when I don't know what (or even if) services will be available where I move to. I'm also on an old contract which should not incur a cessation charge.

I've only hung on with eclipse because of the impending move, but I'm starting to wonder if it may be worth taking up one of the cheaper 12 month offers available elsewhere, then take it on the chin if I can't move it.

eclipse internet
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 22-Aug-16 13:03:10
Print Post

Most providers can be transferred out to a new address.

The catch is when you move some providers remove the special deals and offers, so it can go up in price a fair bit.
(experienced) Tue 23-Aug-16 00:25:51
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

We could be looking at a move early next year, but the problem is we could be renting for a short while before moving into our own property - which may well not have a working line anyway.

Some suppliers don't charge for a move if you renew the contract period, but all the ones I have looked at charge for a second move within contract. I could also do with being able to shop around if I have to pay for an install, as costs seem to vary quite a bit.

I don't know whether to stick it out with eclipse, or bite the bullet and go for a cheap 12 month deal now with John Lewis (Plusnet) or similar... there are a few deals popping up for Market A exchange lines these days.

eclipse internet
  Print Thread

Jump to