User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cheshire_man
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 12-Oct-16 17:48:55
Print Post

Eclipse now unlimited

[link to this post]

I've received both a letter and an email today...
Here at Eclipse, we know that you rely on fast broadband connections for your everyday lives. So, we’ve reviewed our range of broadband products to make sure your product doesn’t limit how you want to use the internet; and, as a loyal customer, we want you to be the first to benefit from this change.

Our broadband services have been designed solely for users like you - prioritising your traffic, especially at peak times, to make sure your connection is as fast as possible and giving you completely unlimited monthly usage with no download limit.
Over the next 30 days we’ll move your Home Select X service to Home Pro X
Best of all, this upgrade is entirely free, with no change to your current contract length
Current contract length is 1 month.

Handy, though I don't think I've ever used 50% of my current limit, but you never know, especially with all the Windows 10 updates (for myself and other's PCs) that go through my connection.

Tony
Happily running Windows 10 Pro on both desktop and laptop
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Thu 13-Oct-16 15:46:38
Print Post

Re: Eclipse now unlimited

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

I had the letter yesterday, upgraded from the old legacy Evo 1 to Home Pro X. Was seriously thinking of jumping ship for an unlimited package, kids keep busting the daytime limit... I'll stay put now, a monthly contract suits me at the moment.

By the way, some of those Windows 10 updates are enormous.

eclipse internet
Standard User cheshire_man
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Oct-16 19:15:27
Print Post

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sparky_paul:
By the way, some of those Windows 10 updates are enormous.
Indeed they are, 1GB or more.

And as from time to time I'm asked to sort out out other people's PCs, I regularly have to leave them running overnight while they update themselves.

I usually use 10-15GB of my 50GB allowance / month. I see that so far this month - since 1 October - I've already used 13.5GB. For the past few weeks I've had an internet radio, but that's on for no more than 2 hours / day on average, on a station that transmits at 320 Mbps would use around 8.5GB / month.

I'll be interested to see if that increased usage continues. Clearly even so , the old limit of 50GB would probably still have been ample.

It's worth remembering that Eclipse only measures downloads, uploads weren't included in the monthly allowance.

Tony
Happily running Windows 10 Pro on both desktop and laptop
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Suzi
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 27-Oct-16 16:17:19
Print Post

That's the kind of news from Eclipse that I like to see on here! laugh I'm happy for you and sparky_paul, and anyone else that received that email and letter.

Unfortunately, I don't think it applies to everyone. I'm on their Home Broadband and Calls / Phone line package with 50GB per month. I've not received any communication about any upgrades.

My package has unlimited downloads through the night so I don't feel the need to contact them over it. I'll just wait and see if anything happens.
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Fri 28-Oct-16 11:41:50
Print Post

[re: Suzi] [link to this post]

Well done. It's a shame they didn't do this until 2017 was nearly here.

But welcome news all the same.
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Tue 01-Nov-16 08:39:59
Print Post

As suspected, it looks like today is D-day for me... Connection Manager has has changed over to 'Home Pro X'.

smile

eclipse internet
  Print Thread

Jump to