User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

These posts have been archived and can no longer be replied to or modified.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User xilonet
(committed) Tue 29-Sep-09 20:05:11
Print Post

Re: Entanet introducing £22+VAT cease charge

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

It could be seen as a cease (with mac) and provide. When a LLU migration goes through, you will see the checker change to 'A cease is in progress on this line'.

I know PlusNet have been raising this charge when users migrate to LLU, never found out if this was deliberate or accidental.

Edit: It could simply be an Enta charge as their systems might not have a way of telling if the service is ceased, or migrated to LLU.

-
xilodsl.net
t: 0800 848 8468
Official Maidenhead Speedtest.net Host
CPW LLU Pre-registration

Edited by xilonet (Tue 29-Sep-09 20:06:50)

Standard User Aqualung
(regular) Tue 29-Sep-09 20:06:45
Print Post

so this would mean an Enta bt customer paying Enta to transfer from bt to llu and again paying the new operator to connect to the llu ???

so in effect paying twice for the same operation......this is more like Enta trying to stop people considering a move by levying a dubious charge to me....and of course when they finally admit the throttling by doing it this way they will receive some recompense when people ditch them.....

stinks to me .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you've got an electrical problem
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Sep-09 20:25:45
Print Post

qIt wouldnt be anything to do with the largest Enta resellers now reselling LLU options

/cynic mode off

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User s3ds
(learned) Tue 29-Sep-09 20:48:41
Print Post

[re: ukfsn] [link to this post]

well i have now requested my MAC hopfuly before the 1st of Nov

Paul
Standard User xilonet
(committed) Tue 29-Sep-09 21:12:47
Print Post

[re: Rich44] [link to this post]

I can only imagine they are loosing plenty of users to that and even more to follow in the next 30 days, I bet.

Matt

-
xilodsl.net
t: 0800 848 8468
Official Maidenhead Speedtest.net Host
CPW LLU Pre-registration | Our current offers
Standard User coolemail
(newbie) Tue 29-Sep-09 21:52:54
Print Post

Getting the money from customers

Another issue will presumably be the difficulty in getting this money from a customer who moves premises, will it not?

I guess that many customers will give their notice, and then simply cancel their DD mandate and not pay. It will only catch up with them if when they move they want to use the same provider, will it not?

For Enta to the resellers, it seems to be OK. But for resellers who bill direct this will be an issue, and presumably also where Enta bill the End User direct.
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Sep-09 22:02:08
Print Post

Re: Getting the money from customers

[re: coolemail] [link to this post]

You are absolutely right. I've raised this point with Enta before and it was one of the reasons Enta chose not to introduce a cease charge when BT brought them in first several years ago - the decision was made to keep the activation fee at £40+VAT rather than reducing it in line with a BTW reduction on the understanding that this would offset the costs to Enta of absorbing the cease charges.

As most "ceases" are migrations away which, except for migration to LLU, cost Enta nothing this worked well.

I've still not seen details of the actual BT price increase so I don't know exactly what the costs are now.

Perhaps the proportion of ceases that are migration to LLU or complete ceases has risen significantly. I just don't know however as Enta have not consulted any resellers on this.

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Dialup, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more
Standard User RobertoS
(legend) Tue 29-Sep-09 22:08:38
Print Post

As most "ceases" are migrations away which, except for migration to LLU, cost Enta nothing this worked well.
Surely the cost of an IPStream to LLU migration is paid by the LLU ISP and costs Enta nothing?

Bob's broadband help site: www.robertos.me.uk
ISPs history: Demon dialup >> Freeserve dialup >> BT Broadband >> Prodigynet >> Newnet >> O2 Standard.
Purple Cloud for domain, email and web space.
Standard User kitz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Sep-09 22:15:32
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Doesnt look like they should be charging for migration to LLU with a MAC
SECTION 44. WHOLESALE BROADBAND SERVICES

Part 3. Broadband Ancillary Charges

SUB PART 2.0 : BROADBAND ASYMMETRIC ANCILLARY CHARGES
END USER CEASE CHARGES

General Description
Cease charges will apply when a BT Wholesale ADSL End User service is terminated or replaced by a non-BT Wholesale ADSL End User service (cease and re-provide).

A cease charge will be raised under the following circumstances:
The Service Provider raises a cease order.
The Service Provider asks BT Wholesale to raise a cease order on their behalf.
Openreach issue an unsolicited cease because the PSTN service has been terminated.

A cease charge will not be raised in the following circumstances:
The End User line has been migrated to another ADSL service provider using the published migration process.
The End User line has been migrated to an LLU operator (either SMPF or MPF) using the published migration process.
When End User service is migrated to another BT Wholesale ADSL service and / or to another Communications Provider (CP) where a MAC code is used.

End User Cease Charge: £21.40 (exc VAT)
Operative Date: 01-05-09

----------------
www.kitz.co.uk.
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Sep-09 22:17:10
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Enta appear to be claiming that they are, or will be, charged for it as a cease.

I'd like to see some evidence of this.

Certainly from the perspective of BTO the LLU operator pays for it. I was under the impression that BTW did not consider it a cease for charging purposes but perhaps I am wrong.

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Dialup, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to