User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

These posts have been archived and can no longer be replied to or modified.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Sep-09 17:00:16
Print Post

Entanet introducing £22+VAT cease charge

[link to this post]

From 1st November Enta are going to be charging £22+VAT to anyone who ceases their ADSL connection.

This WILL affect those who migrate away to an LLU provider but not those migrating to a BT based service.

Apparently BT Wholesale have increased the cease charge they levy on ISPs according to Enta.

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Dialup, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more

Edited by ukfsn (Tue 29-Sep-09 17:52:17)

Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Sep-09 17:19:53
Print Post

Re: Entanet introducing £22+VAT cease charge

[re: ukfsn] [link to this post]

Also worth mentioning that this will include a cease being caused by moving to a LLU provider
Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Sep-09 17:46:46
Print Post

The full news can be found below:

Please see below for important information from Entanet.

>> CANCELLATION AND CEASE CHARGES
BT Wholesale recently announced an increase in the charges applied to order cancellations and connection ceases. As a consequence please note that, from 1st November 2009, Entanet will charge £66.00 +VAT for order cancellations made prior to the order delivery date. Please also note that Entanet will apply a cease charge of £22.00 +VAT on all connections ceased from 1st November 2009. This includes ceases that result from migration of connections to an LLU provider.

These charges will apply on all ceases or cancellations completed on or after 1st November 2009. Please advise your customers accordingly. For Partners whose customers are invoiced by Entanet, a notification will be added to the Entanet e-Billing site today and an item will also be added to all invoices (issued from today) as a reminder of the notification.

>> AUTO SNR TRIAL
We have recently applied to take part in a BT trial in relation to automatic changes of SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio). If our application is successful, from 6th October 2009 an SNR will automatically be reset following an SFI visit that resulted in work being carried out on BTís network. This should enable an expedite to maximise the line speed as quickly as possible, thus giving the best potential outcome and service to the end user.

We are also working with BT to introduce a Customer Controlled SNR change facility, meaning SNR changes may be able to be progressed without the need to log a fault. We will update on both of these measures as and when we have more information.

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Sep-09 17:52:37
Print Post

[re: Rich44] [link to this post]

I edited my post accordingly.

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Dialup, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more
Standard User aquiss
(experienced) Tue 29-Sep-09 17:54:35
Print Post

Yup, which I can't recall if this is actually charged by BT Wholesale to ISPs. I was under the impression the charge only apply if no MAC Key was used.

Also its rare that we know where has customer has gone until the MAC Key is used. Customers can often say one thing, and then they make last minute changes, so where no charge could have happened, we suddenly have to drop a charge onto the customer.

The other situation is that 9 times out of 10, a customer will not even know that the service there going to is LLU based. This seems to be going against allowing customers a choice.

It's also nice to see that we have been given just 24 hours notice to get this update out to our customers.

Martin Pitt
Company Founder

Aquiss Internet
http://www.aquiss.net

Edited by aquiss (Tue 29-Sep-09 18:02:04)

Standard User RobertoS
(legend) Tue 29-Sep-09 17:59:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by Rich44:
Also worth mentioning that this will include a cease being caused by moving to a LLU provider
That souinds very odd.

Seeing as the change of DSLAM by BTO is generally paid by the LLU operator I wonder exaclty where the new BT prices are to be found. I wonder if it is a BTW charge not a BTO?

Bob's broadband help site: www.robertos.me.uk
ISPs history: Demon dialup >> Freeserve dialup >> BT Broadband >> Prodigynet >> Newnet >> O2 Standard.
Purple Cloud for domain, email and web space.
Standard User b4dger
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Sep-09 18:13:44
Print Post

I'm pretty thick - but you seem to be saying it only applies to people moving to LLU ?

-------------------------------------------
Freeola[EntaNet]
Hmmm...
SNR: Netgear DG834>2Wire 2700>Thomson ST585v6 My Router Experience
Standard User ckupris
(committed) Tue 29-Sep-09 18:18:49
Print Post

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

People moving to LLU or those completely ceasing ADSL on their line (not moving to another BTW based ISP).

Enta via ADSL24 - Edinburgh node
BT > Blueyonder > Zen > Bulldog > Zen > Enta > Be* > BT > Enta
Standard User bs0d
(experienced) Tue 29-Sep-09 18:32:42
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

Entanets shocking treatment of the resellers continues.... who'd have thought that

bs0d.
Standard User russpcs
(committed) Tue 29-Sep-09 18:33:41
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by aquiss:
It's also nice to see that we have been given just 24 hours notice to get this update out to our customers.

24 Hours ?
I always thought October came before November smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to