User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(legend) Tue 19-Oct-10 17:03:03
Print Post

Entanet and FTTC

[link to this post]

I notice that Aquiss do FTTC, and a speed test shows Entanet as the ISP.

Does that mean all Entanet resellers can now do FTTC?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 19-Oct-10 17:09:56)

Standard User drogon
(learned) Tue 19-Oct-10 17:23:11
Print Post

Re: Entanet and FTTC

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I notice that Aquiss do FTTC, and a speed test shows Entanet as the ISP.

Does that mean all Entanet resellers can now do FTTC?

Yes.

Well - it appears that way - not much in the way of communication, but I have had the offer of having one of my customers in-reach of FTTC to be converted (the customer declined )-: Still, I've a couple in Cornwall who might be interested when BT rolls it out there...

G.
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-Oct-10 21:22:16
Print Post

Yes and no. Enta have not launched the service yet as they state they are not fully ready however they have offered some resellers the service on a very limited basis. It's only available to customers who want the Business Allowance service with a bandwidth allowance of 45GB or more. So far Enta are saying they wont migrate existing new or customers from ADSL to FTTC service - ie it's only for new connections.

I've been chasing Enta for an update on this however so far they have failed to provide one.

Until Enta state that they are actually ready to provide the service properly I've decided UKFSN will hold off. That leaves the option of offering something through Murphx but there are other issues via that route.

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Dialup, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(legend) Tue 19-Oct-10 23:27:14
Print Post

[re: ukfsn] [link to this post]

Thanks for that Jason smile.

There seem to be lots of issues with FTTC in general to me smile. Connection speeds fine but throughput via BTW highly variable.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User anyoldcrap
(learned) Wed 20-Oct-10 16:09:12
Print Post

I sent an E-mail to enta asking this question a few weeks ago. After an initial reply saying "contact your reseller" & a reply back from mmyself stating I was with them directly I received a phone call from Enta directly. I had a good hour long chat with the chap going over a range of things as well as issues I was having etc. I was told they were working out the package plans in terms of bandwidth & fees etc. He then said the best option was to call them back in mid Nov when they'll have more info. After a quick look at my location in relation to my cabnet he said I was likely to get 40Mbit down & 10Mbit up. Much better then the 4.3Mbit & slightly unstable 21cn poop I have now. Heck I'd be happy with 10Mbit but stability is my priority. Less copper to the exchange & more fiber should help me thinks wink

I thought about posting this earlier but no one on the Enta forum has mentioned FTTC of late until now.
Standard User drogon
(learned) Wed 20-Oct-10 16:57:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by ukfsn:
Yes and no. Enta have not launched the service yet as they state they are not fully ready however they have offered some resellers the service on a very limited basis. It's only available to customers who want the Business Allowance service with a bandwidth allowance of 45GB or more. So far Enta are saying they wont migrate existing new or customers from ADSL to FTTC service - ie it's only for new connections.

Hm. They explicitly contacted me when my only potentially eligible customer could get FTTC. They did say there would be an additional £40 install fee (which I guess covers the BT openreach site visit), and the end user would need to be on the Business 45 package as a minimum. This is a customer of mine who's had ADSL service via me/Enta for the past 2 years...

In reply to a post by ukfsn:
I've been chasing Enta for an update on this however so far they have failed to provide one.

And you're not the only one... I'd sort of expect them to ignore me as in terms of customers I've got to be in the noise margin compared to some, however it doesn't hurt to reply to the odd email every now & then...

G
Standard User anyoldcrap
(learned) Thu 25-Nov-10 18:46:58
Print Post

[removed at poster's request]

Edited by seb (Sun 28-Nov-10 19:44:19)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 25-Nov-10 23:52:19
Print Post

[re: anyoldcrap] [link to this post]

But is that the end user price or the charge to the reseller?

Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Nov-10 00:11:09
Print Post

It's the end user price based upon the Business Allowance services. Prices are ex VAT.

At the moment Enta are still only allowing resellers to place orders for FTTC based upon the Business Allowance services with an allowance of at least 45GB. They still have not formally released a product set so it is subject to change once they do so.

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Dialup, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 26-Nov-10 00:21:37
Print Post

Thanks Jason. I had a funny feeling there was nothing new there.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to