User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User spd
(member) Tue 14-Dec-10 19:10:48
Print Post

Email from ENTA re 'Next Generation'

[link to this post]

Received this today from ENTA, having deleted the original emails, I can't honestly remember what it means. Anyone help me out?

"As per our previous mails, we are happy to confirm that the migration of your line to our next generation network is now underway.

What do you need to do?
Nothing at the moment. Your line will be migrated over in the next few days with exactly the same profile and specification as your existing service. All services will continue to work as normal. At the point of transfer you may notice a small period of downtime, typically a few minutes. However, we will advise you soon when this is likely to be.

What benefits will you get from this change?
Initially the benefits will be small. However, when we release our ADSL2+ products you will already be on a suitable platform to upgrade to one of these products with ease. This may mean greater speeds (depending on line length and quality); a greater variety of available products; and more options for the product you choose. We and/or your service provider, UK Free Software Network Ltd, will keep you informed when these products are launched.

Regards

Entanet Customer Services
cs@enta.net"

Cheers.

Edited by spd (Tue 14-Dec-10 21:25:48)

Standard User spd
(member) Tue 14-Dec-10 19:18:20
Print Post

Re: Email from ENTA re 'Next Generation'

[re: spd] [link to this post]

Ah, does it mean that my line is being migrated from IPSC to 21CN?

TIA.

Edited by spd (Tue 14-Dec-10 21:26:07)

Standard User aquiss
(experienced) Tue 14-Dec-10 20:09:54
Print Post

Yup, being moved to 21CN.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Internet
http://www.aquiss.net

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User spd
(member) Tue 14-Dec-10 21:25:25
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

And in real terms, what can I expect?

I've had a problem this last year with my relatively steady sync of 8128 dropping to around the 65xx mark...with a resultant drop in BRAS profile.

My 8128 had been pretty much readily achievable, despite quite frequent (every couple of weeks or so) losses of sync (requiring a router reboot [Belkin 7633]).

I noticed that the drop in sync seemed to co-incide with a switch off of power (as expected following an area based warning due to power works) and switch back on which fried my Sky box (not connected to the phone line).

It could be a co-incidence though. I've tried connecting to the master socket, I've tried a different router, all to no avail.

Is there any possibility that I'll be able to re-achieve my 8128 sync as a consequence of the switchover?

TIA.

Edited by spd (Tue 14-Dec-10 21:41:10)

Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Dec-10 21:55:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by spd:
And in real terms, what can I expect?

I've had a problem this last year with my relatively steady sync of 8128 dropping to around the 65xx mark...with a resultant drop in BRAS profile.

Once the migration to 21CN is completed you will be able to have the connection regraded to ADSL2+. Given your line is able to sync at the highest speed possible for ADSL you should see a fairly significant benefit from switching to ADSL2+ both in terms of download and upload rates.

If you do want to switch to ADSL2+ please email UKFSN support once the migration to 21CN completes to request the change and I'll sort it for you.

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Dialup, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 15-Dec-10 00:18:20
Print Post

[re: ukfsn] [link to this post]

Hey Jason,

Maybe it's time to suggest to Enta they reword this bit? (My bold).
What benefits will you get from this change?
Initially the benefits will be small. However, when we release our ADSL2+ products you will already be on a suitable platform to upgrade to one of these products with ease. This may mean greater speeds (depending on line length and quality); a greater variety of available products; and more options for the product you choose. We and/or your service provider, UK Free Software Network Ltd, will keep you informed when these products are launched.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Dec-10 10:45:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Generally speaking when a customer's connection is migrated to WBC I am already in the habit of manually checking their recent connection history via the Max Reports and then contacting the customer to recommend ADSL2+ if their line is likely to benefit from it or, if I already know that the customer is waiting for ADSL2+, simply processing the regrade to ADSL2+.

The reason I ask customers to contact me to request is that sometimes I can miss the report if I am very busy.

UK Free Software Network
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 15-Dec-10 11:06:38
Print Post

smile
You miss my point.

The wording of the message is pre Enta launch of their WBC service. Now about two years out of date? It says you can't regrade anyone as there aren't any products to regrade them to.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Dec-10 11:10:30
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I see your point. I will raise this with them today.

Thanks for that.

UK Free Software Network
Standard User spd
(member) Wed 15-Dec-10 13:53:45
Print Post

Thanks for the reply Jason, I've sent you an email (to support@ ) to discuss this further.

TIA.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to