User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 02-Jan-11 11:09:04
Print Post

Re: Incredibly Slow Connection

[re: Hummer] [link to this post]

Ah frown.

You don't seem to be doing anything wrong, but I perhaps made an incorrect assumption.

Could be it's an 834 v1,2 or 3. That might need a different command. Off hand I'm not sure what it is, but it could be:-
adsl info --stats

Strange that you couldn't type into the BusyBox screen in the CLI though.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User MrGreg
(learned) Sun 02-Jan-11 13:32:41
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The earlier DG834s firmware had issues with ADSL2+
If the problem coincided with an upgrade to 2+...?
Might be worth a look at a firmware upgrade.
Standard User Hummer
(newbie) Tue 04-Jan-11 15:48:29
Print Post

[re: MrGreg] [link to this post]

Thanks for the suggestion. The exchange was actually upgraded to ADSL 2+ a good while back, and the recent upgrade has been for FTTC. Whatever they did during the upgrade caused chaos with my connection. However, it returned to 3.5Mbit yesterday and so far it seems stable, though I haven't been online much to check.

It looks like it might have been a temporary problem after they installed new equipment.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Tue 04-Jan-11 16:16:26
Print Post

[re: Hummer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Hummer:
Thanks for the suggestion. The exchange was actually upgraded to ADSL 2+ a good while back, and the recent upgrade has been for FTTC. Whatever they did during the upgrade caused chaos with my connection. However, it returned to 3.5Mbit yesterday and so far it seems stable, though I haven't been online much to check.

It looks like it might have been a temporary problem after they installed new equipment.

fttc would only really have any chance of affecting you if you were at a headend exchange.

it may have just been coincidence, could have been a card change or maybe even a full card reset by the owner. a whole range of things but im glad its ok now.

i dont think the installation of fttc would have any sort of effect on existing adsl,adsl2 services.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to