User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User elshiftos
(regular) Sat 05-Mar-11 15:35:03
Print Post

Shhhhh!

[link to this post]

Don't tell anyone, but my sync speed has gone from 8Mbps to 14Mbps for no apparent reason!

Free upgrade?
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Sat 05-Mar-11 17:30:17
Print Post

Re: Shhhhh!

[re: elshiftos] [link to this post]

That sounds as if you've been moved to WBC/21CN - yep that's free as I believe it's actually cheaper than a 20CN connection smile

Who's your reseller? - in theory they should 'ask' you if you want to move as 21CN doesn't suit all lines...

Standard User elshiftos
(regular) Sat 05-Mar-11 19:09:47
Print Post

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

UKFSN - no communication from them regarding the move. I'm not complaining though! smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User andew
(regular) Sat 05-Mar-11 19:39:49
Print Post

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

Normally when enta move a customer from 20CN to 21CN they are put on a adsl profile until the reseller or customer asks for the account to be changed to a adsl2+ profile.

Andrew
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Mar-11 09:37:55
Print Post

I think I've said before that where it is clear from the customers line history that they would benefit from moving to ADSL2+ (ie consistent sync rate of 4Mb/s or above) I'll move them to ADSL2+ straight away upon receiving the notice from Enta that the customer has been migrated to the WBC platform - so long as there are not too many customers moved at the same time and I'm not too busy.

The wording of the notices that Enta send out to customers sometimes leaves the customer with an impression that they are being moved to ADSL2+ rather than just being migrated to a platform that facilitates the move so I find it leads to less confusion if I simply make the move where it is clear it will benefit the customer.

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Dialup, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Mar-11 09:57:41
Print Post

[re: ukfsn] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukfsn:
I think I've said before that where it is clear from the customers line history that they would benefit from moving to ADSL2+ (ie consistent sync rate of 4Mb/s or above) I'll move them to ADSL2+ straight away upon receiving the notice from Enta that the customer has been migrated to the WBC platform - so long as there are not too many customers moved at the same time and I'm not too busy.
It's good that you look at the line stats, and obviously in the OP's situation it's worked out very well.

FWIW in the past you've actually said:

"We do not move customers to ADSL 2+ automatically as it's not suitable for everyone. In your case it probably would be beneficial for you so I'd advise you to send an email to support @ ukfsn when the exchange has been upgraded (we cannot do anything before then)."

Edited by b4dger (Sun 06-Mar-11 09:58:58)

Standard User b_bliss
(newbie) Sun 06-Mar-11 19:55:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by elshiftos:
Don't tell anyone, but my sync speed has gone from 8Mbps to 14Mbps for no apparent reason!

Free upgrade?

I'd be surprised if you were automatically moved from an ADSL1 to ADSL2+ product, due to the changes in the pricing.

When you go from 20 to 21CN, your product will stay on ADSL1 tech, due to the above pricing difference, and, as someone else has said, ADSL2+ doesn't necessarily work will with all connections. Its all a bit weird to be honest...

Well, I hope you enjoy your new speeds!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben
entanet Technical Support
entanet International Ltd
http://www.enta.net
http://opinion.enta.net
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 06-Mar-11 20:37:24
Print Post

[re: b_bliss] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by b_bliss:
In reply to a post by elshiftos:

Free upgrade?

I'd be surprised if you were automatically moved from an ADSL1 to ADSL2+ product, due to the changes in the pricing.

When you go from 20 to 21CN, your product will stay on ADSL1 tech, due to the above pricing difference, and, as someone else has said, ADSL2+ doesn't necessarily work will with all connections. Its all a bit weird to be honest...

Well, I hope you enjoy your new speeds!
"Ben
entanet Technical Support"
?

Which Entanet resellers charge different prices for ADSL(1) v ADSL2+? None that I know of.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.
Standard User b_bliss
(newbie) Sun 06-Mar-11 20:51:08
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I can't give specifics, for reasons that should be obvious.

It is a matter of practise that 20 to 21cn moves are to remain on ADSL1 unless the reseller or end user states they wish to move over to ADSL2+

There are contractual obligations that we have to maintain, which is the reason for the above.

Hope that makes things clearer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben
entanet Technical Support
entanet International Ltd
http://www.enta.net
http://opinion.enta.net
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 06-Mar-11 21:59:04
Print Post

[re: b_bliss] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by b_bliss:
I can't give specifics, for reasons that should be obvious.
Because you don't work for Enta?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to