User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Dadgey
(committed) Tue 17-May-11 16:55:04
Print Post

FTTC Broadband

[link to this post]

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if they are recieving an acceptable downstream on their FTTC product through ENTA?

I have three connections at the moment all of which are on the same exchange but are reading between 3-6mb, the upload however is fine.

I don't believe this to be an exchange issue as have had a friend check this with his BT FTTC account and his downstream is fine.

Be interested in individual feedback.

Paul
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-May-11 20:40:32
Print Post

Re: FTTC Broadband

[re: Dadgey] [link to this post]

My connection was upgraded to FTTC in December and I've constantly experienced speeds appropriate to my sync rate which varies between 28Mb/s and 33Mb/s

Have you been in contact with Enta about this?

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Dialup, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more
Standard User Dadgey
(committed) Tue 17-May-11 20:56:59
Print Post

[re: ukfsn] [link to this post]

Hi there,

I have yes. Interestingly speedtester.bt.net does show a correct download speed, however speedtest.net consistantly shows a poor downstream.

I've been told the issue is being looked into by the "speed review team" and it could be a few weeks before they get back to me. That was a fortnight ago.

I'm more concerned that I have a number of connections which from the outside look like they are being squeezed, thats the only reason I can give for speedtester.bt.net showing the correct speed.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 17-May-11 21:13:30
Print Post

[re: ukfsn] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukfsn:
My connection was upgraded to FTTC in December and I've constantly experienced speeds appropriate to my sync rate which varies between 28Mb/s and 33Mb/s
Is that sync or IP Profile? If it's sync, what are you connecting with please?

The question seems to be whether or not the fibre BT test is telling us the speed through the ISP or the more direct one that used to be reserved for tests 2 and 3.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User colesy10
(regular) Thu 19-May-11 11:29:40
Print Post

I'm with Aquiss and I rarely get more than 21Mb sometimes as low as 6Mb during the day or on weekends.
It is all dependant on what the local Enta node is performing at, and mine seems to be hitting over 90% the majority of the time in the day. If the node is at 20% or less then I can get my max speed. The upload doesn't seem to be affected.
Standard User Dadgey
(committed) Thu 19-May-11 22:42:14
Print Post

[re: colesy10] [link to this post]

Colesy,

Can I ask what node that is?

Maybe it's node specific if Jason at FSN is not having the issue.

Also if you run a BT speedtester test do you then get an acceptable speed.

Paul
Standard User colesy10
(regular) Fri 20-May-11 07:40:31
Print Post

It's the Cardiff node.
At times of slow speed (nearly constant) all speedtests including BT come back slow, downloads even show slower than speedtests by a large margin.
When it works, it's great on all speedtests and download speeds are great.
  Print Thread

Jump to