User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rippedcotton
(experienced) Thu 01-Dec-11 11:21:03
Print Post

Re: 1KB and under via usenet at the moment

[re: ukfsn] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukfsn:
No that's not what I posted. I simply offered a solution to one of my customers.

I have many customers telling me they have no problem accessing usenet via Enta connections and I have not been able to replicate the problem that some customers have been experiencing. I don't doubt the reports of my customers however so I am offering a workaround to those who are affected.

So far nobody has actually contacted me to request it.

Ticket raised on 26th November Jason. As yet no response.

This is my third ticket that has sat in your system unanswered, the previous two have been there for some time, one almost 3 months now.

--

Brian

UKFSN via Entanet
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Dec-11 15:36:58
Print Post

[re: rippedcotton] [link to this post]

I will send an answer shortly

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Dialup, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Dec-11 18:13:06
Print Post

Looks like you have to be *very* patient wink

#3Months

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(experienced) Fri 09-Dec-11 18:37:05
Print Post

[re: ukfsn] [link to this post]

Nothing received so far Jason, checked server logs and nothing from your domain at all.

--

Brian

UKFSN via Entanet
(experienced) Thu 22-Dec-11 21:49:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by rippedcotton:

Nothing received so far Jason, checked server logs and nothing from your domain at all.

Created support ticket on 26th November, no response as of today.

--

Brian

UKFSN via Entanet
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 22-Dec-11 22:33:25
Print Post

Created support ticket on 26th November, no response as of today.
Might be the Christmas Hols for his children now. Remember he said I will send an answer shortly on 1 Dec?

I believe the MAC request system is automatic, with the MAC appearing in whatever your Control Centre is called. A post in Which ISP? with the samknows link for your exchange might bring some useful suggestions.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User Invictel
(regular) Thu 22-Dec-11 23:39:04
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Remember he said I will send an answer shortly on 1 Dec?

To be fair, I would of expected a customer to have received a response by now.

If its of any help, on the rare occasion that we have needed to speak to Enta, they have advised that nothing is blocked. They also stated that connections can be altered to suit the end user, providing its a reasonable request.

I believe the MAC request system is automatic, with the MAC appearing in whatever your Control Centre is called. A post in Which ISP? with the samknows link for your exchange might bring some useful suggestions.

The MAC can be requested via Synergi (Enta CP) and then its just a case of providing it to the end user.

Edited by Invictel (Thu 22-Dec-11 23:43:08)

(experienced) Fri 23-Dec-11 00:30:55
Print Post

[re: Invictel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Invictel:
Remember he said I will send an answer shortly on 1 Dec?

To be fair, I would of expected a customer to have received a response by now.

If its of any help, on the rare occasion that we have needed to speak to Enta, they have advised that nothing is blocked. They also stated that connections can be altered to suit the end user, providing its a reasonable request.

The MAC can be requested via Synergi (Enta CP) and then its just a case of providing it to the end user.

I've had repeated discussions with Enta support about this problem, but they insist that they can find nothing wrong with their configurations and that they won't invest any more effort because, and I quote, "Usenet news is mostly used for copyrighted content". So basically they don't care about people who just want to use a few text groups and read articles at a few KB every minute or two.

Jason says he has never seen the problem although he has a number of customers who do. My problem has come and gone twice now, but it returned a couple of months ago for good and has been continually blocking all port 119 and port 567 traffic from exactly 8am to 8pm weekdays.

I asked for VPN access to get round this, but of course have had no response.

It's the only problem I have with Enta other than a problematic local loop that stubbornly refuses to fall below its fault threshold for long enough to make an investigation worthwhile. I don't really want to change ISP or reseller over this, even if Jason's response times are pretty poor. I am on a Market 1 exchange, there is no cable or other service, so it's BT-based ADSL or carrier pigeon.

--

Brian

UKFSN via Entanet
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 23-Dec-11 12:54:34
Print Post

I can vouch for the less than helpful attitude these days from Enta Support. The quality and attitude one meets from them is far short of what used to be the case when I first joined them. I'm in the same position as you, Market 1, avoided by TalkTalk who are currently unbundling all of the other decent sized exchanges in this county, and avoided by BTw who seem intent on chasing TalkTalks unbundling.

Enta really have fallen down the heap in my estimation since the big changes that seemed to arrive about the same time as WBC/IPSC, the departure of certain members of Support team (and the unannounced withdrawal from participation on this forum) marked a distinct change in both attitude to customers and the quality of service and support... and indeed openness.

So sad to remember what once was.......

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed My Broadband Speed Test
Market 1 (IPSC) - a BT group investment NOT Spot
(experienced) Fri 23-Dec-11 18:40:00
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

I suppose the truth is that providing internet connectivity is a commodity business, and mostly such things are a race to the bottom with the lowest pricing and the minimum support levels that can be provided.

Don't worry though, I think there are much worse problems ready to jump on us all in 2012, and if we're still worrying about out ISP by the end of the year then I will be surprised.

--

Brian

UKFSN via Entanet
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to