User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Remidizer
(member) Wed 07-Sep-11 04:08:18
Print Post

vivaciti leased line

[link to this post]

has anyone any idea how much a 10MB or a 100MB lesed line would cost for one year?

Thanks

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 07-Sep-11 08:35:34
Print Post

Re: vivaciti leased line

[re: Remidizer] [link to this post]

Well I just googled "leased line prices" and in the suggested list, (before you get a Results list), was "leased line prices uk" so I selected that.

In the sponsored ads on the right-hand side was
Entanet Leased Lines

10Mbps Leased Lines from £5000pa
ADSL & SDSL backup options.100% SLA

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 07-Sep-11 08:36:06)

Standard User ionic
(experienced) Wed 07-Sep-11 09:21:35
Print Post

Usually depndant on your location and the distance to their nearest POP.

I don't know anything abount vivaciti in particular, but very roughly - outside London you'll be looking at around 800-1000/month for a 10 meg, maybe a bit less, for an ehternet delivered service. THis is usually on a 100mbit bearer so 20 meg will be much less than double.
If you're in a Virgin area, you can get 100meg for around that price. Some areas that have EFM available at the exchange will proabaly have providers who can offer slightly less speed for considerably less money.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Sep-11 11:01:32
Print Post

I think we're paying around £6k/year for our symmetrical 10Mbps line.
At those prices it's not hard to work out why BT aren't upgrading cabs, in industrial and business districts, to FTTC wink

Ade

ADSL2+ with BE
DL Sync around 4.8Mbps
UL Sync 1088kbps

DG834GT with DGTeam firmware
Standard User drogon
(regular) Wed 07-Sep-11 11:01:48
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

There are many ISPs offering leased line - Entanet is just one, and sadly, I've found them to be on the expensive side of things.

However, a good quick quote can be found in the AAISP site:

http://clueless.aa.net.uk/etherquote.cgi

that's always good as a benchmark.

Oether technology is EFM - and someone I looked at recently gave good numbers -

http://www.goscomb.net/connectivity/ethernet-first-mile

But do remember that with a leased line you're connection contention should be 1:1 from your premises right to the edge of the ISPs network and it's symetrical and usually does not come with any sort of data cap. (But these are important questions to ask the ISP!) Ping times should be a lot less over a leased line too - 1-2ms for fibre, possibly more for EFM which is delivered on copper.
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Sep-11 12:12:24
Print Post

The answer will depend entirely upon your location and how much of that 10Mb/s or 100Mb/s you want as commit - ie guaranteed available bandwidth across the network.

If you are in central London or close to the centre of another major network point of presence the price will be an order of magnitude lower than if you are not.

With a leased line you will also face significant installation costs - unless you are willing to commit to a minimum 3 year contract it's fairly common for install on a 100Mb/s fibre connection to be several thousands of pounds.

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Dialup, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more
Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Sep-11 17:35:30
Print Post

Andy,
I am afraid there is no standard answer to that one, as a leased line dependent on the location.
If you wanted to drop us a mail to sales AT vivaciti DOT net with the line speed options and the postcode we can get a quote over to you.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
  Print Thread

Jump to