User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Kathphlox
(regular) Fri 23-Dec-11 22:57:52
Print Post

OMG

[link to this post]

I just did a speed test, the first one in many weeks, am I right in reporting that my 2.5 MB connection is now over 6Mb, I'm in shock, I did the test with 'speedtest.net' and with BT.. i'm gobsmacked, they are both the same.. *faints*

~Kath~
Always judge a person by the way they treat someone who can be of no possible use to them

Edited by Kathphlox (Fri 23-Dec-11 22:58:39)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 23-Dec-11 23:41:51
Print Post

Re: OMG

[re: Kathphlox] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kathphlox:
I just did a speed test, the first one in many weeks, am I right in reporting that my 2.5 MB connection is now over 6Mb, I'm in shock, I did the test with 'speedtest.net' and with BT.. i'm gobsmacked, they are both the same.. *faints*
Heh!

Sounds like you have a big increase in speed. A welcome Christmas present smile!

If we had line stats before and now we could be more certain about the cause, but it could be your new router, as given a better and more stable connection the exchange end can alter the setup on the line to give you more speed.

But re "am I right in reporting that my 2.5 MB connection is now over 6Mb"? I hope not. 2.5MB is 20Mb tongue. I'm guessing both are Mb smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 24-Dec-11 00:40:23
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Im impressed you can get BT speedtest to work for you... hasn't worked for me in ages, My speed has dropped I can only dream about that shown in my sig now.. my average these days is closer to 4Mbps, maybe you have what I lost laugh

Its nice to see someone is seeing their service improving. Do you know which node you are connected to?

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed My Broadband Speed Test
Market 1 (IPSC) - a BT group investment NOT Spot

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kathphlox
(regular) Sun 25-Dec-11 15:55:17
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

Heh! I know.. I slipped up with the MB, but you knew what I meant smile

The new router isn't in yet Roberto, so it's not that.. I looked at the ineterconnect status page..

Interconnect / status checker

Interconnect node
25 December 2011 15:39
Manchester
Interconnect type
25 December 2011 15:39
Wholesale Broadband Connect (WBC)

Don't remember if anything is different, it's been over a year since I looked in there.

@warweezil I'm sorry I took your speed, it wasn't me it was Enta wink

~Kath~
Always judge a person by the way they treat someone who can be of no possible use to them
  Print Thread

Jump to