User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User borguk1of9
(committed) Fri 13-Jan-12 21:53:04
Print Post

ADSL2

[link to this post]

Just checking here with people of better knowledge.

1. Letter from Entanet early December to state I would be ADSL2 enabled on the 9th Jan.
2. ADSL2+ enabled BT end on Sunday as BB went down.
3. Called Wednesday as still linking as ADSL1, told by Enta support that they wouldn't transfer me over to ADSL2 until I called them because they wouldn't know if my router was ADSL2 compatible ????
4. Enta Support put through for Enta CS to enable ADSL2 for the next day.
5. Got back from York 9.30 tonight to find still on ADSL1 and Enta Support no idea why it hasn't been done and to call back for a 3rd time next week.

Is this normal or am I just getting the big BS.

Do any of the other resellers leave their own customers to sort out issues with Enta themselves all the time or is it just UKFSN.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 13-Jan-12 22:03:53
Print Post

Re: ADSL2

[re: borguk1of9] [link to this post]

Ummm frown
Next Accounts Due: 31/08/2010 OVERDUE
Last Return Made Up To: 16/11/2010
Next Return Due: 14/12/2011 OVERDUE
Also
but that happens every year.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Jan-12 22:22:52
Print Post

[re: borguk1of9] [link to this post]

As part of the upgrade, Enta place a bulk order to upgrade the back end to 21CN but your profile remains on ADSL Max. you then need to speak with your reseller or Enta CS if your reseller is not easy to get hold of and ask to be put on 21cn, an order is then raised, but these can fail every now and then and need to be re-submitted.
Have a chat with your reseller as they can see what happened and get it resolved.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kimi
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Jan-12 16:08:51
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Ummm frown
Next Accounts Due: 31/08/2010 OVERDUE
Last Return Made Up To: 16/11/2010
Next Return Due: 14/12/2011 OVERDUE
Also
but that happens every year.

shocked
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Jan-12 16:53:11
Print Post

[re: Kimi] [link to this post]

To be fair UKFSN does say:
"After much thought on how best to honour the promise that all UKFSN profits will go to fund UK Free Software projects" www.ukfsn.org/profits.html

So if they are giving away all their profits and working more as a 'charity' I guess that explains some things?

But it would be nice to see how this promise is working out as that info looks a few years old...

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 14-Jan-12 17:30:32
Print Post

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

Profits will be after paying staff salaries. Jason is the only employee.

I used to have access to the filed accounts, but now would have to go to the library to see them. Last time I looked they weren't good.

But in direct response to your post, not filing annual accounts, (now two sets are due), and late filing of Company Returns, is a somewhat expensive business. The Company Return is odd, seeing as I believe two years ago Jason registered with CH to do that online - it takes 5-10 minutes. Accounts are a different matter of course, though they should be fairly straight-forward if VAT accounting is being accurately done. If his VAT returns are also in arrears, that is horrendously costly - been there, done that.

IIRC the late filing of the Return is an automatic initial £1000 fine for a small company such as his.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Jan-12 17:50:22
Print Post

I used to have access to the filed accounts...
I'm able to do this and I've just looked.

But it's not really my place to comment...

Standard User Kimi
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Jan-12 21:04:59
Print Post

IIRC the late filing of the Return is an automatic initial £1000 fine for a small company such as his.

It appears they pay fines for late accounts every year, so less to charity frown
Standard User Kimi
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Jan-12 21:06:45
Print Post

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by b4dger:
I'm able to do this and I've just looked.

But it's not really my place to comment...

Not pretty then frown
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 14-Jan-12 21:30:30
Print Post

[re: Kimi] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kimi:
It appears they pay fines for late accounts every year, so less to charity frown
Exactly.

The last donation I know of him publishing was a few thousand pounds to help fund one student through university.

I don't think this is really the issue though. The OP asked a simple question, and my original post was to cast doubts on Jason's current involvement with his UKFSN.

If you search back for references to ukfsn over the last 12 months, and Jason's posts, (which I haven't done), I don't expect it will look very impressive. I have a hunch he now has a full-time job somewhere. He does have a wife and family to support, though I don't remember the company address being the same as now. B4dger? Any comment on the address?

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to