User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User keymaster
(member) Sun 11-Mar-12 12:43:00
Print Post

DNS

[link to this post]

Hi
I have Draytek 2820n and I use Freeola, Over the last 2-3 weeks I keep losing DNS, internet and skype stays on but no dns, cured if I reboot router, I tried with Belkin Router and different filter and in test socket.
I have called freeola several times (eeeek wait till I get phone bill) and they had me change DNS in PCs to google and stuff like that, no change....anybody else have any ideas because keeping on calling them on 10p a minute line to hear same thing over and over is not so clever.
I had no issues with my line for probably 8+ years then with my previous ISP I got outage for 3 days and moved, this again happened for 12 hours last friday.....
Key

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Sun 11-Mar-12 17:52:09
Print Post

Re: DNS

[re: keymaster] [link to this post]

Hi keymaster,
I'm a long time Freeola user smile

When you try different DNS addresses what do you see when you use the ipconfig /all command under the DNS section?
Are your changes being picked up, as there's the chance if you are only changing your PC your router could well be overriding things.

I don't like their support phone line charges either - so I use either their email support or their own forum - both of which work well and are free.

Edited by b4dger (Sun 11-Mar-12 17:56:00)

Standard User keymaster
(member) Sun 11-Mar-12 23:23:47
Print Post

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by b4dger:
When you try different DNS addresses what do you see when you use the ipconfig /all command under the DNS section?
Are your changes being picked up, as there's the chance if you are only changing your PC your router could well be overriding things.

Hi
thanks for reply, It was support guy who told me to change on my pc and not on router, I am ashamed to say he got me to do ipconfig/all and I forgot what it said. Fingers crossed, not had to reboot router once this afternoon.
Key

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User CJT
(committed) Sat 31-Mar-12 21:47:08
Print Post

[re: keymaster] [link to this post]

keymaster,

I have sent you a PM with some information which maybe of use.

CJT.

tongue

ON BT Total Broadband .

My Broadband Speed Test

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/986285088.png[/IMG]
  Print Thread

Jump to