User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User legume
(committed) Fri 15-Jun-12 16:27:47
Print Post

FTTC Prices/offpeak, UKFSN and C&W.

[link to this post]

Looks like I can get FTTC soon, but while I would like to stay with ukfsn/enta, the £99 migration charge and offpeak midnight start doesn't really compete too well with what ADSL24/Daisynet can offer.

Are there any hints that Enta may have any offers/changes in offpeak planned?

Being with UKFSN, who have been fine for me - Do C&W plan on offering LLU FTCC?

Can UKFSN/Other resellers who already use LLU as well as Enta get a similar deal from Daisynet?

I must admit I had never heard of Daisynet until I googled ADSL24 FTTC, so have no Idea whether they are in the same league as Enta - anyone have idea how they compare?

TIA.
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Fri 15-Jun-12 16:48:51
Print Post

Re: FTTC Prices/offpeak, UKFSN and C&W.

[re: legume] [link to this post]

If you order FTTC before the end of July the activation fee is reduced to £60+VAT. The non chargeable period starts at 8pm on the Business services. Perhaps that would better suit your needs?

We also have access to the Daisy products. I have not yet rolled this out as the Daisy product offering was not properly determined until very recently and I have some concerns.

Enta have no plans I am aware of to change the billing periods. The ways things are on the Enta network ensures a high quality of service.

I do not expect to see FTTC from C&W ever. They appear not to be able to roll out significant extensions to the ADSL network let alone engaging in the kind of wholesale upgrade programme that would be necessary to offer LLU FTTC.

In some ways Daisy are better than Enta but not in ways that matter to the end user. They have better systems in place to enable resellers to integrate service ordering and management than Enta do. Their support however is not as good as Enta's by a long way in my experience.

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more
Standard User legume
(committed) Fri 15-Jun-12 17:36:03
Print Post

Re: FTTC Prices/offpeak, UKFSN and C&W.

[re: ukfsn] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukfsn:
If you order FTTC before the end of July the activation fee is reduced to £60+VAT. The non chargeable period starts at 8pm on the Business services. Perhaps that would better suit your needs?

OK that's not quite as bad, but Business 45 is a bit too much for me and with Daughter back from Uni soon I don't know if 15 will be enough even with 20:00 off peak start.

We also have access to the Daisy products. I have not yet rolled this out as the Daisy product offering was not properly determined until very recently and I have some concerns.

That's interesting - do you have any idea of a timescale if you plan on offering something?

Enta have no plans I am aware of to change the billing periods. The ways things are on the Enta network ensures a high quality of service.

Fair enough, I was just hoping with their P2P management they may have tried to compete,

I do not expect to see FTTC from C&W ever. They appear not to be able to roll out significant extensions to the ADSL network let alone engaging in the kind of wholesale upgrade programme that would be necessary to offer LLU FTTC.

Ok, thanks for the info.

In some ways Daisy are better than Enta but not in ways that matter to the end user. They have better systems in place to enable resellers to integrate service ordering and management than Enta do. Their support however is not as good as Enta's by a long way in my experience.

Ok and thanks for all your answers .

I am in no rush (Exchange not accepting orders yet anyway), so will wait and see for a while.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to