User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User flippery
(learned) Tue 17-Jul-12 13:09:19
Print Post

ADSL Market 1 Exchange Bredon

[link to this post]

I recently moved to a Entanet reseller for Broadband

During the 10 Days trial my Download has been fixed at a maximum Download of 284 and Uplload of 448 Except for 4 hours sync at 4350 Download.
I contacted reseller during trial and was advise there was nothing to be done for 10 days.
Except where I have moved and changed router ( no difference at Master Socket) the routers have stayed in sync.
It maybe that as the Line was established on 3rd july and i did not switch on router until 6th (holiday) this could have been problem.
My G.DMT router show
Attenuation Download of 34db
SNR Margin Download 33db
From what I understand the attenuation will restrict my download to around 5-6mb
SNR Margin should be nearer 6db.- As I understand it Car is doing 20mph when capable of 80mph.
Anyone shed any light on my stats.
With previous ADSL for 5 years Nildram/Tiscali/TalkTalk. Speeds had deteriated last few months 3k during day 600 to 1K in evenings. Looks a king to this though.

Thanks

Edited by flippery (Tue 17-Jul-12 14:24:18)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 17-Jul-12 15:16:58
Print Post

Re: ADSL Market 1 Exchange Bredon

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

A bit of a mess.

First, you simply need to do a single re-sync of the router.

Second, you are going to need a complete restart of the 10 days, as this one has given/will give false results that could severely impact your ability to get faults investigated in the future.

Please post the stats taken immediately after the re-sync. If that gives a 6dB noise margin then all is fine apart from what I just said. If it doesn't then we need to look a little deeper.

Which reseller is it please? PM it if you don't want to name it in public.

Edit - Correction. You should be connecting at 8128 or 7616 kbps with a higher than 6dB noise margin. But not 33dB!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 17-Jul-12 15:19:26)

Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Jul-12 18:02:29
Print Post

Hi,
Have you been re-booting the router often to try to resolve this? If so that could go part way to explaining the issue.
The SNR is very high though, what router is it?
The 10 day bit is a little of a myth in so far as speed issues will not be looked at, but the snr of that should have got alarm bells ringing to whoever you spoke to (please do not say it's us!)
As Bob has said, do a single reboot, and then take the full line stats as soon as it's come back up and keep a note of them and post them here.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User flippery
(learned) Wed 18-Jul-12 10:23:43
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

SNR Margin (0.1 dB): 330 250
Attenuation (0.1 dB): 340 175
Output Power (0.1 dBm): 128 124
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 7264 1192

These are stats from NWAR-3650

Resetiting the router would be OK if on RA but, as bar has been fixed somewhere at 284K then when this is reached thats your lot so to speak.

it is not Vivaciti and, I have passed details to RobertoS.
As I have ordered a new router and a filtered NTE to fit. It seems pointless to start a new 10 day trial until this is complete
As the line appears to be fixed at 284K max download then surely the.SNR Margin is going to be high www.speedtester.bt.com showed when it worked a few days ago 250K download on a 284K Max and 360K Upload on a 832K Max.
When I was with Nildram, I was contacted after 2 weeks and asked how everything was progressing. As i raised the problem with current ISP during training then I was expecting a courtesy call. Seems however these days you have to be ProActive and the problem is with you unless proven otherwise.

Edited by flippery (Wed 18-Jul-12 10:58:58)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 18-Jul-12 12:05:24
Print Post

So have you done a reconnection or not? (And please include connection speeds in stats).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User flippery
(learned) Fri 20-Jul-12 10:25:16
Print Post

Did a reconnection on 18th results as at top previous post
The connection speed is 284Kb down / 448Kb Up. Constant since day 3 except 4 hours
Have contacted Freeola. Responce is
Cannot restart 10day Trial again
Disconnects on line. Yes from me changing routers
Wait 3 days and line may resynce
using Belkin Router now, no stats obtainable. Been steady connection 30Hours no Sync Errors or downtime shown in log.
Funny that BT Speedtester completes Upload every time then error reported.
Not Impressed with Support.
Received my Mac Code. Now looking for new ISP.
Standard User flippery
(learned) Fri 20-Jul-12 13:07:14
Print Post

Strange Download still 284Kb Upload Jumped to 1010Kb
Stopped and Reconnected router
Speedtest.net Ping 77 (was 195) Download 225Kb (230Kb) Upload 881Kb (360Kb)

Edited by flippery (Fri 20-Jul-12 13:22:22)

Standard User freeola
(member) Thu 26-Jul-12 11:00:15
Print Post

Hello,

If you'd like to PM me you account details (line number preferably) I can have a look at this for you. I can't comment on what our support people have said until I can look at your account but I apologise if they were not up to scratch!

Regards,
Rob

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support
Administrator seb
(founder) Thu 26-Jul-12 16:31:55
Print Post

[re: freeola] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by freeola:
If you'd like to PM me you account details (line number preferably) I can have a look at this for you. I can't comment on what our support people have said until I can look at your account but I apologise if they were not up to scratch!

It might be more appropriate for you to provide your work e-mail address so that the poster can be satisfied you work for Freeola.

seb

Sebastien Lahtinen
Co-Founder,
thinkbroadband.com
seb@thinkbroadband.com

personal blog - blog.seb.me.uk
twitter - @sebtweet
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User freeola
(member) Thu 26-Jul-12 18:09:54
Print Post

[re: seb] [link to this post]

It would and so would having the usual 'This person works for ISP...etc' in the grey bit below the post like you have but I don't think you allow this for resellers?
Either way the customer seemed satisfied enough to give me his line number so I could take a look.

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support

Edited by freeola (Thu 26-Jul-12 18:15:54)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to