User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hmacsnoopy
(newbie) Mon 20-Aug-12 09:27:13
Print Post

Entanet/UKFSN

[link to this post]

I used to be an Entanet Customer but ceased with them last December, they offered to let me keep my web mail and web space which I took up.
In May they invoiced me £15 which I paid by return. On my account details the invoice was still shown as outstanding in June so I emailed them and got assurance from Jason Clifford that he had personally marked the account as paid and had done it manually although it was still showing as unpaid on the account.
Last week 16th August I got an account reminder from Jason Clifford to which I replied and attached the copy of my receipt for the payment and his reply from June.
Nothing happened on Friday so I telephoned this morning only to get a very terse reply that it was Monday Morning and he would be dealing with it today. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problems.

Sorry to go on a rant and possibly bore people but it makes me feel a little better. Needless to say I will be looking to move my web space elsewhere,

Snoopy ( Dave)
Tired, old and sometimes grumpy confused
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 20-Aug-12 10:05:12
Print Post

Re: Entanet/UKFSN

[re: hmacsnoopy] [link to this post]

Jason can be a bit techy at times smile.

Read this about ISP-independent email and web space. I link in there to Tsohost that I use these days. Not the cheapest, but very good.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Mon 20-Aug-12 19:07:45
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Jason was very tetchy this morning for which I apologise.

When the OP called I had just turned on my computer to discover a large spam attack on the UKFSN outbound mail server courtesy of a customer account being abused by a botnet.

While it is trivial to disable the account and thus stop the attack it does take time and effort to clean things up properly and ensure that it is an isolated incident.

This doesn't excuse my curt response to the customer however I will say that I was perfectly polite and reasonable up to the point the OP asked the same question for the umpteenth time - which I had already answered several times.

As for "ISP-independent" I think you will find that there is no such thing. By virtue of providing the service on the internet those suppliers are ISPs!

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User partial
(regular) Mon 20-Aug-12 20:43:18
Print Post

[re: hmacsnoopy] [link to this post]

I recommend 000webhost.com for free ftp webhosting.

Over the years UKFSN have appeared to be very 'tetchy' on customer service, very lax on filing there returns and accounts at Companies House and extremely cagey on exactly how much cash has been donated to the free software community that they purport to support.
Standard User hmacsnoopy
(newbie) Tue 21-Aug-12 09:14:56
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

Jason Apology accepted and Invoice issued as paid < Thanks, Just wished it hadn't taken so long.

Snoopy ( Dave)
Tired, old and sometimes grumpy confused
  Print Thread

Jump to