User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jas88
(newbie) Sun 02-Sep-12 19:00:16
Print Post

FTTC performance (Vivaciti)

[link to this post]

I was an Entanet (ADSL24) customer back in the days of Centrals, then jumped ship to Vivaciti's MurphX (C&W LLU) product during the teething problems, and on to cable - now I have FTTC available, I'm switching back to something FTTC based.

Anyone here care to share experiences using Entanet's FTTC offerings, through Vivaciti or otherwise? (Vivaciti seem to be using Entanet's own transit, so should be the same as any other non-L2TP reseller?)
Standard User anyoldcrap
(regular) Wed 31-Oct-12 16:40:05
Print Post

Re: FTTC performance (Vivaciti)

[re: jas88] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jas88:
I was an Entanet (ADSL24) customer back in the days of Centrals, then jumped ship to Vivaciti's MurphX (C&W LLU) product during the teething problems, and on to cable - now I have FTTC available, I'm switching back to something FTTC based.

Anyone here care to share experiences using Entanet's FTTC offerings, through Vivaciti or otherwise? (Vivaciti seem to be using Entanet's own transit, so should be the same as any other non-L2TP reseller?)

I'm on Enta's FTTC via Aquiss & have a rock soilid fast connection. I usually get a download rate of 4 mega bytes per second off peak & have never been below 3 mega bytes per second during peak hours. Been on it 18 months & the only minor glitch was due to the original BT vdsl modem overheating causing it to disconnect (temp fix was sticking a desktop fan next to it) but Aquiss got BT out sharpish with a Rev 2 modem which has been no bother. With ADSL direct from ENTA I was on the phone every few weeks about something or other since going FTTC via Aquiss I've only made one support call for the modem which was dealt with quickly. The Enta FTTC service via my reseller for me has been first class. My connection is the 40Mbit down & 10Mbit up my IP profiles are 38Mbit & 10Mbit & I get 36Mbit down & 8.46Mbit up generally. 4Mb/s was awesome when downloading the 29gb Max Payne 3 off steam laugh

Anyhoo I hope this might of some help.
Standard User philippercival
(experienced) Thu 29-Nov-12 17:34:37
Print Post

I was also and ADSL customer of Vivaciti and switched to their Surfwise off because of problems. When FTTC came along I asked Vivaciti to switch me to it and was livid to discover it was back with Enta again, but actually the service has been excellent.

The only snag is their (Vivaciti's) usage logs seem to be broken at the moment which if you are near your data limit could be a pain. Enta may have an equivalent.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jas88
(newbie) Sun 30-Dec-12 17:25:43
Print Post

[re: philippercival] [link to this post]

BT screwed up the install pretty badly - turned up with the wrong paperwork, rebooked for a second date but never showed up - but the third guy did the job very neatly, tested it and made sure I was happy.

Apart from two glitches - I switched tariffs (from 45 Gb/month to 15) and the change took effect a day early, putting me over quota instantly for that day; also, my IPv6 subnet was disabled for a day by mistake, quickly rectified once I realised and reported it - I've been very happy with the connection.

Getting online access to usage would be nice (and should really be in place by now), but apart from that it's a very good service: both better performance and a much better modem than I had from Virgin!
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 30-Dec-12 17:52:17
Print Post

Who with? Vivaciti?

No usage figures? That sounds odd.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User jas88
(newbie) Sun 30-Dec-12 18:46:36
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Who with? Vivaciti?

No usage figures? That sounds odd.

It's for FTTC: they've had a working system for ADSL in place for ages, as I understand it, but Entanet's FTTC service is different enough for that not to work yet.

(They did tell me FTTC support is on its way, but no sign of it just yet.)
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 30-Dec-12 19:09:34
Print Post

Thanks.

If you only have Windows kit using the connection NetWorx is good. Needs to be installed on every machine but gives you a real-time total of them all. Make sure you ignore whatever the big block is just below the intro area, scroll down the left-hand panel to the Quick info >> download >> installer button.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 30-Dec-12 19:10:17)

Print Thread

Jump to