User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User charmer
(regular) Tue 20-Nov-12 13:21:29
Print Post

Contacting UKFSN

[link to this post]

Anyone else having any problems/luck getting hold of support at UKFSN at the moment?

I'm no longer broadband a customer, but I'm trying to get the IPS tags changed on my domain so I can transfer out. Have emailed twice and got not response and the phone number I've tried just times out after 40 seconds with no option of leaving a message.

I see Jason appears to pop up on here from time to time so hopefully he'll see this at some point

Cheers!

Mark
Standard User finchscott
(newbie) Tue 20-Nov-12 16:58:26
Print Post

Re: Contacting UKFSN

[re: charmer] [link to this post]

I contacted the support email address last Tuesday asking for a MAC, I've sent a further 2 emails and have also tried the Helpdesk on UKFSN's web site.

No response so far....

Scott.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 20-Nov-12 17:11:09
Print Post

[re: finchscott] [link to this post]

Have you checked your User Control Panel or whatever it is called? That's where Enta MACs usually go, assuming you are on an Entanet service. (Is there a way there to request one as well? If so I would expect it to request direct from Enta).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.5/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User finchscott
(newbie) Wed 21-Nov-12 08:29:06
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I visited the ukfsn web site, requested a MAC from the control panel, it said that there was a problem with the automated system and I should email the support@ukfsn.org email address. I did this, I heard nothing so 3 days later I registered onto the "helpdesk" and tried again.

Still nothing.

I'm not sure if I'm able to request a MAC direct from Enta or not, I'll give them a call today to ask.

Thanks
Scott
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 21-Nov-12 08:49:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by finchscott:
I'm not sure if I'm able to request a MAC direct from Enta or not, I'll give them a call today to ask.
It used to be possible, so I expect it still is.

Jason is frequently a very elusive fellow. Always has been. (That's not quite true - he was around a lot for a while after I joined in 2006 - but for the last few years there are lots of problems such as the two in this thread).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User finchscott
(newbie) Wed 21-Nov-12 09:32:31
Print Post

I don't seem to be having much luck, I've just emailed the info@enta.net email address which I found on the enta site, I explained the situation with lack of direct response from UKFSN and asked if they could help.

I''ve just received an out of office notification, saying that they're out of the office today and not returning until tomorrow...........

Scott.
Standard User charmer
(regular) Wed 21-Nov-12 11:00:04
Print Post

That's the problem with it being a one-man operation. When I was a broadband customer I, thankfully, didn't have need to get in touch for support very often, but when I did, response times where appalling. It seems incredible that after first sending an email on Friday, I still have not heard back! I guess it's nice to know it's not just me, although I'm not sure that reflects well on UKFSN
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 21-Nov-12 11:12:35
Print Post

Customer Services & Technical Support
0333 101 0600

Accounts & Credit Control
0333 101 0000

Standard User finchscott
(newbie) Wed 21-Nov-12 12:02:23
Print Post

Yes, I know. I have the numbers but can't ring until later as I'm currently at work. I sent the email on the off chance.

Thanks for your help.

Scott.
Standard User finchscott
(newbie) Wed 21-Nov-12 12:15:36
Print Post

[re: charmer] [link to this post]

I haven't had a reason to contact them for support either, however my employers have offered to pick up my ADSL costs in the future, but I have to use their preferred provider which is BT. Hence the need for the MAC.

Didn't expect it to be such a long drawn out process.

Thanks
Scott
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to