User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BlizzardUK
(member) Mon 03-Dec-12 00:41:56
Print Post

Anyone noticed this about emails not arriving ?

[link to this post]

This is only partially Enta related, I am only really posting this question here because I know there are brainy people here smile The only link with Enta on this question is that both my mate and I use them as our ISP, but I don't actually think this probably is related to them at all.

I have a @btinternet.com email address and a mate of mine has twice sent a email to me only to find it hasn't turned up. One from his Hotmail account and another from his Enta email address. So I can rule out the Enta SMTP as the same happened when he tried it from Hotmail. So this leaves my BT POP, but whenever my mum or others send me emails to that address I am sure I have always got them, they have never told me they tried to send something that I didn't get, but, then maybe I don't know about what I didn't get. I speak to my mate every other day so we are likely to know more. He has not mentioned being sent any returned email message.

The other thing is, when he re-sent the first email that went missing via forwarding it, that turned up fine with BT. The second one that went missing he just re-sent to my hotmail account which turned up fine. So I know his emails can reach me sometimes.

I have checked my spam folder and deleted folders, nothing there. So what is the likely reason ? Is BT deleting it before it arrives ? I am really just posting this to see if anyone else has had a similar problem and what to do about it, I am concerned important emails may not have reached me.

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by BlizzardUK (Mon 03-Dec-12 00:42:11)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 03-Dec-12 01:16:51
Print Post

Re: Anyone noticed this about emails not arriving ?

[re: BlizzardUK] [link to this post]

Where are you looking for the emails? In an email client via POP3 or on BT Webmail?

If in the POP3 client, try looking at the BT Webmail.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User BlizzardUK
(member) Mon 03-Dec-12 01:39:37
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Hi. I use the webmail, I can see the spam emails and it isn't in there. It is very odd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 03-Dec-12 01:46:21
Print Post

Then why bother checking the BT POP3? It does not come into Webmail; it is used solely by email clients to get mail from the server.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User BlizzardUK
(member) Mon 03-Dec-12 02:02:16
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

What I mean is the incoming email with BT, I just used pop as the general term for incoming email as I presumed before it reaches the webmail it comes in on BTs pop system.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 03-Dec-12 02:22:07
Print Post

FYI: POP3 is only used to get mail from the ISP's servers to your PC, mobile or other client device. It is both sent from other mail servers and reaches your ISP's mail server usually using the UNIX 'sendmail' (or SMTP) system. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sendmail for a vague description.

Print Thread

Jump to