User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User NUTTER44444
(committed) Tue 09-Apr-13 17:57:42
Print Post

Very frustrating enta/aquiss problem

[link to this post]

Something has been annoying me for a long time with a problem I’ll try explain. I can be downloading a torrent at full whack speed wise (well as good as I can get for my connection) Occasionally (very occasionally recently) torrents reduce to 0 and connection totally drops (Light on router turns orange and I lose my connection) infact happened this morning when nothing was downloading) the drop out's can vary between a few seconds to 5/10 minutes. PPPOA/PPPOE Makes no jot of difference.

This is a copy of a ticket I posted to aquiss support 28th of Feburary (I'm going somewhere with this I promise) wink

Having followed advice from my ticket I changed required settings on the router but i'm still having similair problems. I am wondering if anybody could advise me what could be going wrong? The disconnections are regulary reappearing again and can vary from a few seconds to about 5 minutes or so
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Apr-13 18:25:28
Print Post

Re: Very frustrating enta/aquiss problem

[re: NUTTER44444] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by NUTTER44444:
Something has been annoying me for a long time with a problem Iíll try explain. I can be downloading a torrent at full whack speed wise (well as good as I can get for my connection) Occasionally (very occasionally recently) torrents reduce to 0 and connection totally drops (Light on router turns orange and I lose my connection) infact happened this morning when nothing was downloading) the drop out's can vary between a few seconds to 5/10 minutes. PPPOA/PPPOE Makes no jot of difference.

This is a copy of a ticket I posted to aquiss support 28th of Feburary (I'm going somewhere with this I promise) wink

Having followed advice from my ticket I changed required settings on the router but i'm still having similair problems. I am wondering if anybody could advise me what could be going wrong? The disconnections are regulary reappearing again and can vary from a few seconds to about 5 minutes or so
Some sort of issue with enta's radius servers/ authentication issues , or the data transit from the carrier perhaps, both can cause PPP session to drop, but the router keeps sync,

(committed) Tue 09-Apr-13 18:30:12
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
Something has been annoying me for a long time with a problem Iíll try explain. I can be downloading a torrent at full whack speed wise (well as good as I can get for my connection) Occasionally (very occasionally recently) torrents reduce to 0 and connection totally drops (Light on router turns orange and I lose my connection) infact happened this morning when nothing was downloading) the drop out's can vary between a few seconds to 5/10 minutes. PPPOA/PPPOE Makes no jot of difference.

Some sort of issue with enta's radius servers/ authentication issues , or the data transit from the carrier perhaps, both can cause PPP session to drop, but the router keeps sync,

The router indeed is keeping the same speed it syncs at (currently at 2527kbps down 935 kbps ) I changed the settings on the router to ADSL1 mode (had it AUTO) that's giving me some of my fastest speeds i've had on my line for a long time but it's they damn niggling disconnections! Can I fix that or do I need to ride it out and HOPE it settles down as it's getting a little frustrating (and it's only when I am on torrents it's happening) I've got a NETGEAR DGND3700v2 if it helps

Edited by NUTTER44444 (Tue 09-Apr-13 18:35:53)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 09-Apr-13 22:00:47
Print Post

Good Evening,

If your line suddenly looses traffic and then the router light goes orange, that sounds like loss of sync, then the router retrains and up it comes again. The line could be generating alot of errors when its being pushed, thus i suspect we are seeing port errors in the PPP logs.

Can you provide a copy of the ticket number you raised with us on Feb 28th. Currently we have 0 tickets open, so from what I see you not re-raised this with us to carry further diags (we record all tests for historical patterns to be recorded).

At this stage I would say the problem is either a line issue or maybe CPE, but I need to study the case further.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Limited
http://www.aquiss.net

Unlimited Family Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php
(committed) Tue 09-Apr-13 22:03:17
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by aquiss:
Good Evening,

If your line suddenly looses traffic and then the router light goes orange, that sounds like loss of sync, then the router retrains and up it comes again. The line could be generating alot of errors when its being pushed, thus i suspect we are seeing port errors in the PPP logs.

Can you provide a copy of the ticket number you raised with us on Feb 28th. Currently we have 0 tickets open, so from what I see you not re-raised this with us to carry further diags (we record all tests for historical patterns to be recorded).

At this stage I would say the problem is either a line issue or maybe CPE, but I need to study the case further.

Yeah sure (I done a reraise as I was having the issues again but I was aware of when you had the outage so I assumes it was down to that)

The ticket number is: 60445
Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 09-Apr-13 22:07:14
Print Post

I have your ticket and your connection. I'm a little confused though, your PPP session is currently Online (4 days 4 hrs 44 mins 31 secs). Your PPP does not appear to be dropping, which in turn means sync would be fine too (infact the same as in Feb).

This light that is turning Orange, what is that reported to be on the Netgear?

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Limited

Unlimited Family Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php
(committed) Tue 09-Apr-13 22:11:21
Print Post

I have your ticket and your connection. I'm a little confused though, your PPP session is currently Online (4 days 4 hrs 44 mins 31 secs). Your PPP does not appear to be dropping, which in turn means sync would be fine too (infact the same as in Feb).

This light that is turning Orange, what is that reported to be on the Netgear?

That's what shows on the front yep. Torrents as I say infact the whole internet just gives up the ghost (my little connection thing the square connection thingy) shows sometimes the yellow exclamation mark and for a good few minutes usually I can do nothing with the net all my messenger's also disconnect themselves and what not.
Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 09-Apr-13 22:20:21
Print Post

Sadly you did not say what exact icon was going Orange. Any chance of advising myself and others reading what the icon is reported to be for?

It's certainly not the PPP or Sync that causing this as that's remaining in place with us, but there are other things that could be breaking down.

Is your computer connected via wireless or ethernet? Have you set DHCP (allocating of LAN IPs) to use a very short lease time? Are the network settings within your computer set to automatically obtained from the router?

The icon your reporting is when your computer has lost a link to the network.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Limited

(committed) Tue 09-Apr-13 22:26:13
Print Post

Sadly you did not say what exact icon was going Orange. Any chance of advising myself and others reading what the icon is reported to be for?

It's certainly not the PPP or Sync that causing this as that's remaining in place with us, but there are other things that could be breaking down.

Is your computer connected via wireless or ethernet? Have you set DHCP (allocating of LAN IPs) to use a very short lease time? Are the network settings within your computer set to automatically obtained from the router?

Ethernet. And settings get detected automatically I believe (I think)

http://www.extremepc.co.nz/images/81721.jpg (This is not a good image)

If you can see it right? Where the blue thing is? Up from that there is 2 green indicators. The indicator which shows a world globe underneath it that's what turns orange and that's what kills my internet basically. That will go orange for random periods before it turns green again and hey presto everything good again
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Apr-13 23:50:03
Print Post

Ethernet. And settings get detected automatically I believe (I think)

http://www.extremepc.co.nz/images/81721.jpg (This is not a good image)

If you can see it right? Where the blue thing is? Up from that there is 2 green indicators. The indicator which shows a world globe underneath it that's what turns orange and that's what kills my internet basically. That will go orange for random periods before it turns green again and hey presto everything good again

From looking at the users manual
That LED is for internet conectivity, not DSL sync,
So there would appear to be no loss of sync,unlikely but could be DNS servers, or some type of bug with the router or the firmware,
Or as i suggested something Enta's side radius server's I'm sure i read somewhere that a drop in PPP session isn't always visable to the isp ?

For testing purposes , if you have another router can you try that to see if you are able to re create the same problem by torrenting , if so it's unlikely to be your side

Edited by tommy45 (Wed 10-Apr-13 01:09:08)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to