User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Apr-13 17:54:07
Print Post

Entanet Interconnect node change

[link to this post]

I thought I would start a new post for this as I've just been caught out and thought others might be in the same boat.

See my separate post about slow speeds.

I've been on the Faraday IPSC node since the Centrals went.
I've been trying to work out why my speeds were so poor compared with my IP Profile and have just found after doing a 'node check' that I've been moved to Stepneygreen which is under much more pressure and at least explains what I'm seeing frown

So if like me you thought it was unlikely your node would ever change you might like to re-check.

http://noc.enta.net/centralpipe/?un=YOUR-USER-HERE@a...

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 11-Apr-13 22:08:04
Print Post

Re: Entanet Interconnect node change

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

I wonder if BT Wholesale have altered the routing from your exchange/DSLAM? There's a lot of exchange work going on at the moment that Plusnet are notifying. They don't tell us what, but I don't think it is Plusnet specific.
Posted: Mon, Apr 08 2013 at 12:04:51
Subject: Planned BT Network Maintenance - Week commencing 8th April 2013

When's this work happening?
Early hours of most days this week.

What does it affect?
Broadband connectivity.

How long will it take?
Up to six hours each time.

What does the work involve?
We've received notifications from our suppliers about maintenance work that is scheduled to take place in the following areas this week. This work typically takes place between Midnight and 6am.

8th April
Derby

9th April
Wrexham, Sheffield and Dorchester

10th April
Manchester and Hastings

11th April
Manchester

12th April
Manchester

15th April
Guildford

Although these are the areas we have been notified of, due to the nature of the broadband network these outages may affect customers nationwide. There are also a number of smaller exchange works most nights of the week that may cause smaller outages at individual exchanges.

Am I likely to notice the work?
Yes, there's a chance that you may be disconnected from the internet for a period of time during the maintenance window.

Is there anything else I need to know?
Any customers having problems connecting once the maintenance is complete are advised to log into their router interface and click connect.

Kind Regards

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 11-Apr-13 22:16:39
Print Post

Incidentally the Entanet IPSC nodes are publicly available here on auto-refresh, and the Entanet WBC Nodes from the menu there or direct.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 11-Apr-13 23:00:31)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Apr-13 22:22:12
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Something's certainly changed for me frown

I just heard a rumour that it's part of Enta winding down 20CN...

If that's true then things could get rough for those of us stuck on 20CN!
My provider Freeola have only apparently been told its 'Easter traffic'.
Hopefully Enta are keeping them up to date with things if there is more to it than that...

Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Apr-13 22:25:44
Print Post

The link I gave is so people can check to see which node they are connected to - obviously the user name needs to be edited...

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 11-Apr-13 23:02:32
Print Post

Ah!

Errrm, what? tongue smile
Wonderful what an edit can do.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 11-Apr-13 23:20:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by b4dger:
I just heard a rumour that it's part of Enta winding down 20CN...
Ummm.

This page which has a download that just lists the OfCom December 2010 Market Classifications in a spreadsheet format, (so don't bother with that), contains:-
20CN IP Stream Exchange Withdrawal List

BT Wholesale has published it’s intention to withdraw 20CN products from it’s exchanges where copper 21CN exists or will exist in the near future. To enable customers to plan for this migration, BT Wholesale is making available a withdrawal list that will be updated at regular intervals. Certain exchanges will be ‘locked down’ and will be notified for ‘stop sell’ and ‘closure’ as shown on the list. Others are being made available for indication only and caution should be exercised as these could be subject to change. Every effort is being made to keep any changes to a minimum. The current list is published below.
There is no "below" frown.

There is also this thinkbroadband News Article. Note the update near the bottom.

There seems to be a little contradiction there. It might be worthwhile checking if your exchange is in fact WBC-enabled and making sure you aren't now on an ADSL profile on WBC. Is it definitely the Stepney IPSC node you are now on, not the WBC one?

Standard User professor973
(committed) Thu 11-Apr-13 23:39:03
Print Post

I'm still on Stepneygreen. It can be a bit of a pain at lunchtimes with Busuness priority, though for the life of me I cannot see why business needs priority over lunch break.

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.
http://www.pingtest.net/result/68380009.png
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Apr-13 09:22:28
Print Post

I'm on a 20CN exchange with no 21CN planned. The only thing on the horizon is if the BDUK investment helps but that's a few years off!

Interconnect node
12 April 2013, 09:15:45
Stepneygreen

Interconnect type
12 April 2013, 09:15:45
IP Stream Connect (IPSC)

I really want to stay with Freeola as I've been with them a long time and make use of a lot of their hosting services.

Having said my exchange (under 1800 lines) is 20CN recently TT have become the first LLU provider on my exchange. I really need Freeola to resell their product if Enta are going to have 20CN capacity issues.
I've mentioned this to Freeola in the past.

Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Apr-13 09:28:07
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

It will be interesting if you notice any difference if additional users have been migrated to Stepneygreen (unless it's just me!).

For most of yesterday I was only getting 1Mb on a 5Mb IP Profile and a 6Mb sync - not good!

Hopefully I'm panicking over nothing and Freeola/Enta will soon be managing any capacity issues/changes wink

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to