User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Gav80K
(newbie) Thu 06-Jun-13 20:36:35
Print Post

Vivacti MAC Code - 5 Days?

[link to this post]

I decided to switch from Vivacti to BT so on Saturday 1st June I requested a MAC code through the Vivacti website. On Monday 3rd they emailed me saying I'd be sent the code but "It can take up to 5 working days for a MAC to be generated". I didn't think it would really take that long, but six days later I still haven't received the code.

I'm pretty sure MAC codes can be generated instantly. I've moved ISP twice before and once I got it on the same day while the second time it was generated immediately as soon as I requested it on the website.

I'm just wondering, is there any reason it should take five working days or is Vivacti doing it to try and get you to roll into your next subscription month so you're stuck with them for another month?

If they're doing it to try and keep you with them longer then that's not a particularly honest way to do business. Either way, I'm not impressed and I'm looking forward to leaving.
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Jun-13 20:52:13
Print Post

Re: Vivacti MAC Code - 5 Days?

[re: Gav80K] [link to this post]

On the 6th day I emailed them to say "where is it" and got it by return.

Steve
Plusnet Fibre!
Standard User Xplosion
(member) Thu 06-Jun-13 20:54:53
Print Post

Ofcom allows ISPs to take up to 5 working days to provide a MAC code. Personally, I think the legislation should be that MAC codes are provided instantaneously upon request. I also believe the whole broadband switching process should be universally the same, so that all scenarios (be it LLU to LLU or otherwise) use the same format of MAC codes.

TalkTalk Plus TV

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Gav80K
(newbie) Thu 06-Jun-13 21:24:34
Print Post

[re: Xplosion] [link to this post]

So Vivacti just wait the maximum 5 working days before sending out the MAC. That's pretty bad.

Oh well, nothing I can do but wait until tomorrow. Hopefully I get it then or I'll probably be stuck with them for another month.

Thanks for the information.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 06-Jun-13 21:33:09
Print Post

Are you sure it isn't sitting in whatever they call your control panel?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Gav80K
(newbie) Thu 06-Jun-13 22:33:30
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Under "Account details" there's a "MAC code (if requested)" section and it's blank.

I've been checking each day but it's been blank every day so it seems they just haven't issued it yet.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 06-Jun-13 23:18:46
Print Post

Ring enta support?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User professor973
(committed) Thu 06-Jun-13 23:53:50
Print Post

Making a noise here should be enough to move them. 'Because we can make you wait 5 days' used to be one of the many Plusnet tricks, till they saw the damage the publicity was doing.

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Fri 07-Jun-13 09:50:09
Print Post

Hi,
I can see no un-answered MAC requests in our system, as soon as a MAC request comes in it is requested and it will show in your control panel (if this is where it was requested from) normally it happens after a few hours but sometimes it takes a while to get generated but it will be in your control panel when it arrives.
Only once the allotted time is up can we chase the suppliers for it.
It is not the case that we request it then hold on to it as once the MAC is generated it is in the control panel.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User Gav80K
(newbie) Fri 07-Jun-13 14:45:06
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

The MAC code appeared today. The first install date with BT was Friday 14th which should be just in time. It's lucky it wasn't a day later as Monday 17th would have put me into a new billing month.

I'm still not sure why it should take five working days to generate a MAC code when other ISPs can do it instantly, and it would be nice if the process could be done faster. I started to get worried when it still hadn't appeared yesterday, but at least it all worked out.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to