User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tivo_lad
(learned) Mon 05-Aug-13 09:32:25
Print Post

UKFSN - Time to move on?

[link to this post]

I've been with UKFSN since Jan 2007 and overall the service has been fine (recognising that the Internet access itself is resold). However, I have found recently that service has started to deteriorate. Database Access via the UKFSN Contol Panel has been down since at least last Wednesday, the HelpDesk system link is broken and I've had no response to an eMail. I know the proprietor went solo a while back. Am I the only one with these issues because I'm begiining to wonder whether it's not time to move on to another Enta reseller?
Standard User HarryHomers
(regular) Mon 05-Aug-13 09:42:23
Print Post

Re: UKFSN - Time to move on?

[re: tivo_lad] [link to this post]

I moved to Vivaciti a couple of months ago after Jason went aol and everything seems ok so far, you can actually talk to them too.

Cheers.

Mike.
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Aug-13 11:46:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by tivo_lad:
Am I the only one with these issues because I'm begiining to wonder whether it's not time to move on to another Enta reseller?
Taking a look through the other UKFSN threads here should help you...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(experienced) Mon 05-Aug-13 11:54:52
Print Post

If you move to another Enta reseller, I am sure you will not beat the customer service and offerings of Freeola. They are the first to keep this grumpy old devil happy lol

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User tivo_lad
(learned) Mon 05-Aug-13 12:21:01
Print Post

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by b4dger:
Taking a look through the other UKFSN threads here should help you...

I'm aware of the various threads that have been started here, but I was interested in whether the specific issues (esp Database) were current and known by other UKFSN users.
Standard User HarryHomers
(regular) Mon 05-Aug-13 22:26:00
Print Post

I was interested in whether the specific issues (esp Database) were current and known by other UKFSN users.

I only used them for my connection and email, so I cannot comment on that.

Cheers.

Mike.

Edited by HarryHomers (Mon 05-Aug-13 22:26:56)

Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Aug-13 01:49:23
Print Post

Any LLU available, fibre services or cable available? Not as good customer service but might be worth saving a bit. I only ring my ISP around once or twice a year - hardly worth paying extra for better support for me.
Standard User tivo_lad
(learned) Tue 06-Aug-13 08:14:34
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Any LLU available, fibre services or cable available? Not as good customer service but might be worth saving a bit. I only ring my ISP around once or twice a year - hardly worth paying extra for better support for me.
Haha, you must be kidding. We don't have mains drainage here let alone things like Fibre or 4G (we're lucky to get 2G most of the time, but that's another story).

I don't require ongoing support, just stuff that works and if it doesn't work a reasonable expectation that Support responds and fixes it. Seems that most folks don't use UKFSN's other services, but in their current state I can't move anything because I can't even FTP to the website or conenct to the Database.

Edited by tivo_lad (Tue 06-Aug-13 08:15:23)

Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Aug-13 08:27:45
Print Post

I don't require ongoing support, just stuff that works and if it doesn't work a reasonable expectation that Support responds and fixes it. Seems that most folks don't use UKFSN's other services, but in their current state I can't move anything because I can't even FTP to the website or conenct to the Database.
So in this case basically any ISP will do for you. With any ISP, if it doesn't work they should fix it, usually by sending out BT openreach. Which exchange are you connected too?

I would move on since you are having this much difficulty. Out of interest how much are you currently paying & what's your kind of usage, ie do you need unlimited?

Also you would be surprised how common 2g is in major cities, even London! I get 2g in a fair few friends houses around London. Well I did on o2 & voda, EE is a fair bit better.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Tue 06-Aug-13 08:28:57)

Standard User Kanon
(regular) Tue 06-Aug-13 12:47:39
Print Post

I've been with UKFSN since Jan 2007 and overall the service has been fine (recognising that the Internet access itself is resold). However, I have found recently that service has started to deteriorate. Database Access via the UKFSN Contol Panel has been down since at least last Wednesday, the HelpDesk system link is broken and I've had no response to an eMail. I know the proprietor went solo a while back. Am I the only one with these issues because I'm begiining to wonder whether it's not time to move on to another Enta reseller?

I also noticed last week that nothing seems to work after you log into the control panel. After checking today its still broken with no way to contact Jason to request a MAC. The 020 telephone number doesn't work either. I've been with UKFSN for a good few years but it's time to move on.

Can someone tell me how to get in contact with Enta to request my MAC?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to