User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User arthurfowler
(learned) Fri 23-Aug-13 16:43:06
Print Post

Freeola - not a great start

[link to this post]

Decided to change from UKFSN to Freeola, now I'm regretting before the transfer has even taken place.

Seems that Freeola assumed that I should be updated to ADSL2 but I'm a long way from the exchange and ADSL2 won't work, so now I have no internet at all until Tuesday when BT will move me back to ADSL1.

Not happy.
Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 23-Aug-13 17:28:05
Print Post

Re: Freeola - not a great start

[re: arthurfowler] [link to this post]

Your router should have an option to only sync at ADSL_G.dmt (i.e. bog standard ADSL) - and anyway, the router at default should be in auto-mode so will try to sync at the best option. I can't see that the line is set only for ADSL2+.

Give Enta support a ring... sometimes they can do magic.

Nick
Standard User professor973
(experienced) Fri 23-Aug-13 17:37:31
Print Post

How do you have a problem if the transfer has not yet taken place. You should be able to select ADSL mode in your router if it is not set to auto-detect. Get onto customer support, you will find them very good, unlike some, they are in the office at weekends and holidays and get back to a ticket in a matter of minutes, again unlike some. From what I gather lately, anything is better than UKFSN !

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png

Edited by professor973 (Fri 23-Aug-13 17:38:35)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(learned) Fri 23-Aug-13 17:45:46
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Spent ages on phone to Enta support. Set router to manual. No joy. It was Enta support that told me nothing can be done until Tuesday.
Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 23-Aug-13 17:47:53
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
From what I gather lately, anything is better than UKFSN !

I don't know why people say this. I have been with UKFSN since the start when Jason got 'ousted' from uklinux.net), and have never had any issues at all, apart from my really rubbish BT phone line (which, of course, is nothing to do with any ISP).

Nick
Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 23-Aug-13 17:50:09
Print Post

So "I don't like Mondays" is out... but "Ruby Tuesday" is in!

Nick
Standard User freeola
(member) Tue 27-Aug-13 13:34:56
Print Post

Sorry to hear you've had a problem with the service going live. If you could PM me your line number (or ADSL username if you don't feel comfortable providing a telephone number) I can look into this for you. If the line says ADSL2+ available then that's what we'll send through to get the line activated, however I can see on long lines this might now be desirable but automating the decision of whether to put the line on ADSL or ADSL2+ probably wouldn't work.
We have our own support department so there is no need to call Entanet.
We were available over the weekend and the bank holiday and would have been able to put in the change request for you.

Rob

Edit: Looks like you are on ADSL now (apologies if I guessed the wrong account!). But there was a note against your account 'Remote works have been carried out', suggesting the issue wasn't just ADSL2+ but required intervention from BT. Also we did send the order to Entanet with Downstream set to 8Mbit/s. The system always messes up when they do a reseller to reseller migration. I asked them to look into this last week.

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support

Edited by freeola (Tue 27-Aug-13 13:54:10)

(learned) Tue 27-Aug-13 16:59:30
Print Post

[re: freeola] [link to this post]

Hi,
I'm up and running now thanks and the connection is fine.

According to the contact I had from yourselves, I wouldn't move to Freeola until Saturday 24th, but the connection problems started mid-week a few days before the planned migration date.

I was in hospital with a family at home with no internet which was not ideal, so when I got home on 23rd, I rang Entanet support (still assuming I was on UKFSN and Enta having a 03 number which is free for me unlike your 08 number).

Your joining letter told me that I would get e-mails to advise me of the confirmed migration date and one when the actual migration takes place. I've not received either.

I suspect you did get the right account (xxxx528@adsl.freeola.net).

Couple of questions:
1) Where do I see my usage on the Freeola site (I've hunted high and low!)?
2) I used to look at my usage on Entanet site, but they don't recognise me as a user now that I'm off UKFSN. Do my details take a while to get there?

Thanks
Standard User freeola
(member) Tue 27-Aug-13 17:15:47
Print Post

Hi,

Looks like I guessed the right account! Your usage normally displays in your account under Broadband Details & Usage. However, until the issue with your account move is resolved with Enta we can't pick up the usage figures via the API.

We work slightly differently so you won't have access to Enta's customer portal. Once everything has cleared you should have access to everything you need via our website.

You have highlighted an issue though as the line check you went through when signing up to us said you could get ADSL2+, or at least it is available on your exchange. We use that to determine whether to submit the order as ADSL or ADSL2+, we don't know how good your line is at that stage. I will see if it might be better to offer ADSL or ADSL2+ as an option during sign up instead.

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support
(learned) Tue 27-Aug-13 17:38:09
Print Post

[re: freeola] [link to this post]

Thanks smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to